Extra: Alternate Blurbs & Summaries

Summary:

Julien is a regulation-compliant young presser at the local dhobitorium, and the best Londoni iron man there is. When a Code-violating dandy recruits him to arrange a wardrobe malfunction for a prominent general of the Hauteorian Guard, Julien is faced with the realization that he may have skills to do something more than comply.

Partnered with dandy sitar-player Murphy, Julien joins a diverse crew of rebel agents associated with powers in the rising Fashion Capital of Cairo. On the run from the Fashion Police, Julien travels by steam-cabriolet, submari, and flying solar barque to distant lands.

With a sister serving in the Fashionista's elite Hauteorian Guard, a mother unseen since her arrest, and allies in multiple Fashion Capitols, Julien's loyalties are frequently tested. Julien is determined to help others realize their dreams of self-expression, but if the balance of powers between the Fashion Capitols shifts too far, the world may know a Second Great War

Blurb:

What if New York were never a fashion capitol?

British colonies in America failed in their war for independence, but possessions in Africa and Asia excelled and became world powers. Society is in an advanced Industrial Age, on the verge of energy and information breakthroughs. The Pax Fashionista brought an end to The Great War. There is no unemployment, no religious persecution, no offensive media...and no freedom of expression.

'Wattpad title':

Anachronistically Diverse 1930s Secret Agents versus the Empire of Fashion: The Serial