7 | Last Day

◌ ◌ ◌

"You were never sure how it all ends.
We are all clueless in the grand scheme of life.
We are all butterflies in a world waiting for us to dive."

◌ ◌ ◌

Yoonbi

The few preceding days were packed up with packing, how ironic. While my family and I were busy, SoMin would be with her family.

But at nights we'd be together in my room, talking. I could foresee the pain of goodbye, I don't want to let SoMin go. She's my only friend.

"It's our last day." SoMin yawns from beside me on my bed. Ghosts don't sleep, I'd kill to know what she does at night.

I nod and yawn too before my eyes roam around the plain, almost empty room, all my belongings are in Seoul by now. Only a carryon that had what I would need till we reach there laid on an old wooden chair.

"Yoonbi! Wake up! We should get moving before noon if you want to get some decent sleep before going to school tomorrow!" Mom shouts from her room.

Laying back in bed, I groan. Something I usually don't do on Sunday mornings. "Seriously, why will you attend school as soon as you arrive there? It's too much."

"Too much." I agree.

SoMin spaces out while I go wash up, she'd been doing that a lot recently. If it's not for the fact that I promised her that I won't read her thoughts again, I would've figured out what's on her mind by now.

Another thing was the fact that she stuck by my side more recently, she used to spend half of the day with the Parks but since Friday she've been with me full time.

"Is there something you're not telling me?" I ask her as I dry my wet face.

"Huh? N-no." Fail, fail SoMin.

I shrug it off and gesture her to turn around so I could change into some comfy sweatpants and warm clothes for the road trip.

SoMin and I walk down the stairs, "mom! Where is dad!" I ask the woman causing the boisterous noise from upstairs.

"He just went to our new house to check the kitchen sweetie! Oh, he's back!" She shouts back and a loud thud comes from upstairs.

I run up in perplex to find an oven in my parents' bed room. Dad stands up properly and dusts off his clothes, "honey, check for me if this thing is working or not." Dad tells mom.

She shakes her head and laughs before doing what she's told, "wow, your parents are..." SoMin trails off.

"Weird." I say it for her.

"No offense, but it's fun though!" I nod and walk back down as she talks, "we're leaving in an hour or so, right?"

"Yeah, but you said we?"

"Yes!" She cheers.

"Huh?"

"I'm coming with you." She states.

"No joke, Sherlock. Aren't you going to stay with your family for the rest of the day, your last day?" I ask.

She moves her hands animatedly, "no, I'm good." She mutters and something about this wasn't right.

"As you like, welcome."

An hour later, mom and dad are in the front seats of our car while SoMin and I sit at the back. I make sure I'm equipped for the long drive that I don't understand why we're going through when we can move there in a snap thanks to dad.