39 | Vision

○○○

"One day, when I grow proud of the voices I don't question, I'll come back and tell you that I'm proud that I fell for you. And that I'm proud you didn't break me. But today, my fall still continues and the grounding is not insight."

○○○

Yoonbi

It's tiring to grudgingly explain everything to my best friend, it's not the explaining that's the tiring part because I can in fact do all that without uttering a single word thanks to our telepathy, but it's the grudge part that remains heavy on my heart.

I didn't want to publicize Jungkook's past to anyone like that, but RyungNa isn't anyone. She is my best friend. I sigh, satisfied with my self-explanation, "hey Yoonbi! Sober up, your house is that way." RyungNa waves me out of my reverie.

"Oh right, what're you up to today?" I chat before we split off.

"I'm busy with some stuff." She replies, looking away and I notice how her lips tremble a little as she smiles. What is this about? I crock my head, noticing for the first time how I don't hear of RyungNa half of weekdays. But that changed since we started working at Jimin's.

I frown, "okay, so see you at the restaurant."

"See you." And she runs off, I watch her walk away and flip the thoughts in my head before throwing them all away. Everything is okay, a voice that sounds like mine convinces me and I randomly kick a rock on the street and continue walking.

◌◌◌

RyungNa didn't come to the job that day, I called her when she was late and she said her mom is sick. The next school day, she was really tired. What does she even do? I shake my head, she spends lots of time on the internet I guess.

Stop thinking too much, I'm okay. RyungNa tells me, noticing my frowning face and I look at her. She nods in assurance, then we share a smile. She won't hide anything from me, I believe she's alright.

For the rest of the week, RyungNa was acting fine, still busy but okay. Taehyung and I got to talk a bit, his fleeting smile fills my thoughts and I smile, fascinated by him and disappointed that we didn't talk much before.

He's really nice, and his hair is just beautiful. He's leaving it to get longer and his side profile is just too much to resist. I walk home after school and stop at a red light, the cars pass by and a realization hits me like a truck. Am I really fantasizing over Kim Taehyung?

No I'm not, I just like him. He's my friend. And I care about lots of people, he's just a pleasant addition that I need to keep safe. I'm not that much of a fickle. I reach home and mess around, chat with my mom, and finish up schoolwork before getting ready and taking off for my job.

I pull my most comfy snickers just before the bell rings, "I'll get the door." I take a bunch of chewing gum in my pocket before I go to silence the bell and let my dad in.

"Oh Yoonbi yah!" My dad beams although his fatigued state ruins it, I nod and chew a gum as I pull him into the house and take his suitcase. "You look awake, you didn't nap today?"

"Nah, I had much to do so I'll just sleep when I'm back." I accidentally let the suitcase fall too hard on the floor, gaining a tsk from him. "Sorry." I smile.