8 | New Life

◌ ◌ ◌

"Happiness is not a happening,
It's not an occurrence.
It's a decision that appears to be so hard to cultivate."

◌ ◌ ◌

Yoonbi

"...and I'm practically not going to exist anymore, not really, but anyway! You are still sleeping for god's sake!"

A squeaky voice shouts at me, in my sleep. What the hèll? I pull the covers over my body and check the time with a glimpse at my alarm clock.

5:47 am.

Fük you, SoMin!

I curse when I realize she's the one shouting in my room this early, "these are my last hours! Before you regret this get up and let's do something!"

I sigh in irritation and sit up so suddenly that my face goes through hers, "do what! You ditched me last night!" I scold grumpily.

"I was doing something! I'm sorry okay! Just come on, get up and escort me to the skies."

I gradually get my senses back as she talks, "me?"

"Yeah, you, Yoonbi yah." She does aegyo. I shake my hands at her and run to my bathroom.

"Stop stop!! Don't even do this again!" I hear her laugh as I shut the door to wash up. My hair was still damp till now because I was too lazy to dry it last night.

When I'm done I open the door that links my closet and bathroom, gasping when I see SoMin inspecting my uniform. "You frightened me!"

"Oh girl, you got lots of surprises ahead of you! I'll be having lots of fun!" She tells herself excitedly. I shake my head, not even bothering to understand what she means as I take my uniform and kick her out.

After I change and pull on my black shoes I let my damp hair loose down my shoulders, I have plans of looking like a mess of frizz, it'll help scare people away. The uniform was just the same as it was back in Busan. Only colors are different and the skirt is shorter. I scoff, "what's so scorn worthy?" SoMin asks.

"Look." I gesture at my revealed legs.

"What? You look good!"

I roll my eyes, "people are perverts over here." I comment.

She laughs, "oh you didn't see anything yet! I had the time of my life yesterday."

I get my bag from beside my desk and shove some school supplies inside before checking the school location on my phone by typing the name on the uniform into my google maps.

"Really?" I say as we go down the stairs. She nods and blabbers excitedly, explaining the pretty city lights and amazing stores. All the while I was looking around the amazing new kitchen that I just got to see now. Oh my god. It's amazing!

The fridge is a glory on its own and the cabinets are white with silver borders, the counters are made of marble that had a mixture of black brown and beige colors, and the kitchen is equipped with all modern machines.

Heaven.

Mom rocks.

"Mom! Dad! I'm going for a walk then I'll head to school! Have a bright day!" I shout from the kitchen. As I shove a toast slice into my mouth, I ditch making my own coffee and decide to buy it after I escort SoMin. "I love your kitchen mom!" I shout one last time as I go out of the house.