Chapter 39 - Secrets

PRE-A/N : ARTWORK ABOVE IS DONE BY MY FRIEND 

LINK TO HER TUMBLR : http://bestiebosya.tumblr.com/

"We're going to have a very important assembly today, so I'd like all of you to file in quietly and sensibly." The teacher glances at Luke in particular, and I feel myself shiver.

"We never have assemblies." Caitlyn whines. "Why today?"

"As I already said, it's an important, one-off thing. Just today."

"So we get no pause?"

"You'll have a shorter pause." The teacher sighs. "Can we all please go now?"

We all file through to the large sports hall we now and then use for assemblies, or school gatherings, or whatever they call them here. I don't know what it's about but I don't have a good feeling about it.

I stick near the end of the line to avoid any unpleasant situations with Luke or the others, behind some girls who look disgusted to be near me but don't say anything.

As we go into the hall the group of girls move away, leaving the only space available to our year group empty next to Seth. I bite my lip and sit down on the edge of my seat, almost as if ready to bolt if he decides to try anything.

We sit there in silence and he completely ignores me, which is very much appreciated by me. Maybe he's just waiting.

It's not long until a teacher steps up and explains the assembly is about bullying and effects and causes and I stop listening. I look to my side, making eye contact with Seth. 

He winks at me, but at that point I'm not too sure if it's a malicious wink or simply as a joke. Knowing him, it probably has some vile meaning behind it.

I shake off the gross feeling I get just thinking about one of The Three being nice to me and stare at the floor for the rest of the time, my cheeks occasionally flaring up when something particularly relevant for me in mentioned.

Apart from that, though, I sit still and don't respond. Seth completely ignores me as well as the girl next to him who quite obviously pulled her skirt up when he sat down at her side.

It's strange that he's ignoring me, but I'm pretty sure it's for a reason. He's probably planned something with his cronies for later. Yeah, for sure.

¬

None of them had bothered me for the rest of the day, I'd noticed. I smile a little to myself at the memory. Although it was a generally unpleasant event, something had happened for them not to be at all triggered by it.

Come on, you'd expect there to be something in store for me after a stupid school gathering about bullying which was probably devised by one of them!

Maybe it was some kind of indication. Maybe it was when Seth was starting to realise. My phone starts ringing and I grin when I see Jean's calling me.

I answer.

"Skype?" Is the only thing he says. (a/n skype is dead lol)

"Bien sur." I giggle, hanging up on him and setting it up on my computer. I call him a couple of minutes later, and he replies quickly.

"HEYA!" He almost shouts. "Long time no speak. How are you?"

"I'm good." I smile. "I was just thinking about some stuff."

"How are things with, you know, Seth and all that?"

"Good." I reply. "I mean, confusing, and he's a little bit pushy at times, but it's nice. I don't even care if we're together romantically, you know." I sigh. "It's just nice having someone I can speak to and stuff. It's nice that there's someone to call me."