Interlude No.4

A/N - Leave inline comments saying who you think each part is. I'll reply sneakily.

Unknown No. 1

I sit back, kicking my feet up onto the bench. I wonder where the others are. Carter said he'd be here in a while, and apparently he's asked the others here too.

With a sigh, I reach for my can of Coke and snap it open. I glance at the Latin book beside me, then shove it away from me. Stupid parents.

I never wanted to take Latin, and now it's yet another subject I'm failing.

If only that stupid Zerd wasn't as stupid... Then maybe she could help me. If she even speaks Latin. Does she? Ugh, I don't know, and I don't give a shit. I don't need to pass it anyway.

My door rings, and I leap up, excited to go out. I find Carter with the others in the doorway.

"Got the stuff?"

I shake my head slowly, a little nervously. I don't want to piss him off too much. "I need to get it." I say after a while.

"It's fine, guys, we can get it on the way." Carter intervenes, and I sigh in relief.

"Yeah." I say lamely, looking at the floor, hoping the others won't be mad. I'm not sure how they keep me around. I prefer to keep to myself a lot more and I'm not as "popular" as them. "I might have something from a couple of weeks ago-"

"We don't want your old alcohol." He snaps back. I sigh, turning back into the house. I go into the kitchen, finding seven bottles of beer which I'd stored at the back of a cupboard two weeks ago.

I hear him snort from the main room.

"Dude, are you serious?"

I turn to find him holding my Latin books. I roll my eyes, but inwarldy I cower. Shit. I should have burnt those a long time ago. What kind of a nerd is he going to think I am?

Unknown No. 2

I kick a stone as we wait outside. Can he not hurry the fuck up?

Carter rings the doorbell again, and this time he appears in the doorway. He smiles slightly, and I roll my eyes.

"Got the stuff?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "I need to get it."

"It's fine, guys, we can stop on the way." Carter intervenes. "You got the cash?"

He nods, still standing in the doorway. "Yeah." He turns to look back into the house. "Wait, I might have something from a couple of weeks ago-"

"We don't want your old alcohol." I groan, walking in after him. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a couple of Latin textbooks. He takes Latin? What the fuck? "Dude, are you serious?" I groan, picking it up and tossing it back down in disgust.

He turns back to me, rolling his eyes. "Do you honestly think I want to study that?" He shakes his head before I even say anything. "It's so fucking boring."

I furrow my eyebrows, but follow him back out, ditching the beers in the boot of the car and then climbing in the front. He gets in next to me, and I sigh.

He's been getting a lot on my nerves recently, and we fight way more often than we used to. That, and I've barely seen him recently. I wonder what he's been up to.

Unknown No. 3

I wait outside, watching the others as I do. It pains me to be back with them. I mean, they're my friends, but the way they act is disconcerting. After everything that's been happening recently...

God, my entire life's been flipped upside down.

And not as in one-of-James'-parties upside down. As in absolutely insane upside down. The other two have some kind of discussion and I chuckle, glancing at Carter, who grins.

Although it's kind of amusing to see those two fight, it's also strange, especially because of what he did... I shouldn't be here. It feels wrong. I've been asked twice already where I've been recently.

They're going to find out, sooner or later... And then it'll be war.

Unknown No. 4

There is definitely something going on. He is definitely hiding something. I clear my throat as the two begin to argue again, wanting to avoid any unpleasant scenarios.

I must call Caitlyn to ask her what happened.

Yeah, that reminds me. I'll talk to Caitlyn and Zara about it, they'll know. I send Caitlyn a text asking what exactly happened last night, then send Eliza a message trying to apologise.

She doesn't reply. God. I really must have messed up.

The two are arguing in the front again about who's paying for the alcohol. I roll my eyes and offer to pay, mostly so they both shut up. They both quieten down. The notion of free alcohol is always exciting.

Meh, nevermind, I'll just take some cash out at an ATM and tell my parents I got some clothes. They needn't know.

We stop in front of the shop we always go to, mostly because I'm friends with the owner and he not only lets us buy drinks but sometimes gives us special offers, too.

The others pick out a crate of beer and a couple of liqueurs. I do notice him being really out of it. Yeah, there is definitely something going on. 

A/N - THIS IS THE ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF ONE OF THE BULLIED!

Gah, I can't believe how far I've come. 

I started out blindly, having been on Wattpad before, writing fanfiction. Now I have an actual book with actual readers.

I'm working on two other books to be completed shortly: I've written almost 30 thousand words on each one. I can't believe how far I've come as a writer and a person in this whole year. 

Thank you to all my readers for reading and for your comments. 

I hope this book will reach 30k soon, but, to be honest, as long as a few people are enjoying it, I'm happy. Nevertheless, recommend it to a friend or add it to your list!

LEAVE INLINE COMMENTS SAYING WHO YOU THINK IS EACH ONE (and you might get some replies from me xD)

Thanks for reading. 

ps As you can tell, Carter is The Four's best friend, I mostly used him to be able to write coherently. He's back in One Of The Boys.

EDIT: IF YOU'RE READING THIS, I NEED YOU TO HEAD ON OVER TO THE "GOLD IVORY AWARDS" and vote for me in Round 3. I've gotten this far and I'd love to win. Vote for this book (in teen fiction) and for Letters To An Ex-Friend (in short story). Thanks :D