ELEVEN

· 。゚☆: *.
MOONDUST
»»————- gogt vol one. the guardians
CHAPTER ELEVEN━━ chemistry

 the guardiansCHAPTER ELEVEN━━ chemistry

. ᵒ .༄ ࿐ ࿔* 🪐🚀🔥
♯ ❝LEAVE HIM ALONE! ❞
⋆⋅ ━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━ ⋅⋆

MIDAS' HANDS SWEATED AND HER EYES DARTED NERVOUSLY around her as she swerved through space, many starships from Ronan close by as they didn't give up the chase like she would have hoped. Her breathing started to get uneaven as it started to get harder to escape her chasers. Casting a glance behind her, the brunette could see Peter's pod in the distance hovering by the planet, not crossing into space just yet.

"What? Wait! These things aren't meant to go out there," Peter exclaimed through the comlink, but it was too late as Nebula already fired the finale shot, bringing Midas' small ship down. The small amount of glass in front of her shattered from the explosion, throwing her out in the progress.

Peter watched from the distance in horror as the brunette's ship was blown to pieces, a glum look on his face as Rocket and Gamora watched the Orb hover through the air, until it was obtained by one of Ronan's ships.

They all watched Midas' lifeless body, floating between the debris, her skin a sickly pale color, already decomposing due to the lack of oxygen. Peter, Gamora and Rocket's ships were all that were left outside of Knowhere as Ronan's ships flew away now that they had obtained their precious orb.

The sound of the engine whirring down reminded the group that their pods weren't suitable to be out in space. "Quill, come on," Rocket urged, in a sorrowful tone, but his fear of having the same fate as the intergalactic thief urged him to get away. "Her body mods should keep her alive a couple more minutes, but there's nothing we can do for her."

"These pods aren't meant to be out here, Quill. We can't stay here, there is nothing we can do for her anymore." Gamora added her voice also soft and her glassy eyes fixated on Midas before both Rocket and Gamora started to make their way back.

Peter stayed. He watched the once fierce girl with the leather jacket that came stumbling in his life, making it a tad bit brighter with her smile as she danced to his music. But now she floated lifelessly around space her smile long vanished from her face and it stirred something in him.

"Aw, damn it," Peter muttered to himself, before looking at the communication systems to reach his last remaining option. "Yondu! Yondu," he called out. "This is Quill! My coordinates are 227K324, just outside Knowhere!"

Rocket and Gamora had turned their ships around, shocked. "Quill, what are you doing?" Gamora questioned as she flew back to Peter's pod.