FIFTEEN

· 。゚☆: *.
MOONDUST
»»————- gogt vol one. the guardians
CHAPTER FIFTEEN ━━ we are groot

 the guardiansCHAPTER FIFTEEN ━━ we are groot

. ᵒ .༄ ࿐ ࿔* 🪐🚀🔥
♯ ❝WE ARE GROOT! ❞
⋆⋅ ━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━ ⋅⋆

    MIDAS HELD HER BREATH AS THE DUST STARTED TO SETTLE, an eerie silence looming over the rack-tag team of outlaws as they waited to see Ronan's dead body on the ground. But to their utter shock, instead of Ronan's dead body, the man was in a crouched down possition.

    Fear struck Midas' heart as the man lifted his head, a victorious smirk etched on his face as he rised up through the clouds of ash that were already dissolving. The blue man was barely hurt, not a scratch on him and the the group exchanged worried glances.

No one understood why the man was completely unscatered from the explosion, while the blast had destroyed everything else in its path.

Ronan stood proudly and held up his own weapon, the hammer with withing it the infinity stone.

Everyone held their breath, their hearts hammering in their chests as Ronan grinned an evil gleam in his eyes before twisting the hammer sending a large burst of purple energy their way.

    They were sent flying backwards and Midas coughed hoarsly when her back hit the metal floor with a loud bang, the air being ripped from her lungs as she heaved.

It seemed the rest of the team was in the same state of pain as the groaned on the ground, but to her surprise, Midas saw Drax rise to his feet, a look of complete and utter hate in his eyes as he stared Ronan down.. 

    All his pain and thirst for vengeance started to bubble at the surface and with so much ferocity he ran towards Ronan, letting out an almost animalistic battle cry.

    With a grunt, Midas pushed herself to her feet, the same burning passion of wanting to defeat Ronan pumping her full with adrenaline as she watched Drax try to attack Ronan, but the man was a much better fighter as he raised Drax up by his neck into the air, tightening his grip.  "I was mistaken. I do remember your family. Their screams were pitiful- " Ronan's said with a sinister smirk but before he could end the life of Drax, his eyes went wide at the sudden sound of an incoming ship.

    Their saviour, a Ravager ship came hurling towards the Dark Astar and bursted into the room destroying everything in its path

    Midas jumped out of the way pulling Groot with her in the progress while Gamora did the same with Peter.

    The crash caused another large explosion in the Dark Aster, flames sprouting and smoke filling the room. It seemed the Dark Aster was finally on its last legs by the looks of it. Midas' breath hitched in her throat as gravity took over as the enormous starship started to hurl down to the ground.