Chapter 1

I shrugged through the open door, bags in my hand. Kicking the door close behind me I let a sigh slip through my mouth. I hate shopping.

Walking into my kitchen, I dropped the bags on the counter ungracefully. I made quick work of unpacking the food. Leaving out the ingredients for some pasta.

After putting the pasta on I made my way through my living room, feeling the soft cream carpet beneath my feet. I walked down the hall, no pictures or personal items to be found. Walking into my room, stripping off my clothes as I went and throwing them into whatever corner they reached, I pulled open my walk-in closet. Pulling on a pair of sweats, a tank top and some fluffy socks. I grabbed my laptop off my bed before going back to the couch in the living room.

Sinking into the soft leather seats I placed my laptop on my lap. I had some work to catch up on. Being a professor at UCLA for the last two years wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I rather enjoyed it really. I taught English Lit. and mythology. I focused mainly on mythology but they asked me to do a few English Lit classes. I'm a book worm through and through. I read everything and anything.

After getting everything ready for the next week and grading the some of the essays for the English class, I finally put the laptop down. Stretching out my back cracked leaving a nice feeling behind. The oven went off, startling me a bit.

Quickly grabbing the pasta and draining it, I started adding the sauces, herbs and veg. Humming as I went.

I was turning around to the breakfast bar when I was hit with a sudden wave of pain.

The bowl fell from my hands, shattering on the floor. Gasping and panting I grabbed onto the edge of the bar.

Blind panic consumed me. The pain. Oh Mother Earth, the pain. It was spreading throughout me. I couldn't tell where it was coming from. My head, people were screaming in my head.

Voices were shouting and screaming. Crying out for help. Oh Mother Earth, what was happening.

Images flashed trough my mind. I tried to grab onto one, focus on one at a time. But I could only catch glimpses.

Then it stopped.

I stood there, grasping the breakfast bar and panting. Finally I moved. I forced my legs to carry me out to the living room. Holding onto the wall to keep me steady.

Dizziness hit me, hard. Darkness had already claimed me before I hit the ground.

++++++++++++

Groaning, my hands touched my head. God it felt like I had hit my head off a metal door. A few hundred times.

I looked around and resounded I was sprawled on the ground in my hallway. Then everything came rushing back to me.

The pain. The voices. The images.

No, no, no, no, no, no. This isn't happening, this can't be happening. Whose pain would I feel?

The only answer I could come up with was another witch. Or those of the magic creatures.

Well shit.

I stood up and made my way back towards the kitchen remembering the mess I had left there. After cleaning up I sat at the bar, staring at nothing. My mind was racing.

I didn't have connections to anyone anymore. I shouldn't have felt it. They're panic and they're pain. Why did I feel it? What's going on?

No Kali. Bold. Your not apart of that world anymore. You left remember. Your not aloud to be curious.

I beat that curiousness down. Making sure it wouldn't come back up again.

I had left for a reason. An I wasn't going back. I couldn't.