Chapter 17

I know this is short and should have been up AGES ago but I wanted to give you guys something at least.
This is dedicated to Khuaga.

______________________________________

My stomach was in turmoil. Twisting and turning and it took a lot of effort to just keep myself from puking. I haven't been this nervous in over a hundred years. And I hated it.

"You look lovely," Jax appeared behind me. He had a soft look in his eyes yet he was also worried. And scared. For me. My eyes caught my reflection in the mirror. My posture was relaxed and confident, my hair fell down my back like a dark waterfall, contrasting against the white summer dress I was wearing. It was tight at the top but flowed to just above my knee with a pretty lace detail. I didn't bother with shoes, where I was going I wouldn't need them.

Salem. So close yet still far from where I'm currently staying.

I keep chanting in my head, I need to do this. I can do this.

With a deep breath I looked to Jax, "Let's go."

Walking down the stairs with Jax's shoulder bushing mine helped ease off some of my worries. I wouldn't be alone. I can do this.

But my eyes told a different story. I was wary and nervous. Frightened. But this had to be done and I've left it for too long now.

Reaching the bottom of the stairs everyone was already there waiting.