Chapter 22

"Holy fucking shit sticks! That makes you like 200 years old and you only look like you're in your early 20s!"

Jessie's exclamation was full of excitement and wonder. It was slightly refreshing. But I could see the doubt, the questions in Blakes eyes. Xaviers and Isaacs too. They were remembering what I said earlier about that red witch, how her beauty was from her taking her power from others, how she appeared so young when she was not. Jax could see those question too, those silent accusations. The silent glares being thrown at me from Xavier, the emotionless look from Blake and the questioning look from Isaac who stepped slightly in front of Anna who stared at me in amazement.

Jax moved in front of me, blocking me from the harsh looks and scrutiny. But I knew it was coming. It always did. There was a slight growl to Jax's words as he spoke, "You will listen before you jump to anymore false conclusions on your own. Everything she has told you had been the truth. Kali did not have to tell you even half of what she did, believe me. So you will stop with the stupid accusations before they come out of your mouths. She has done nothing but help you and you repay her with judgment. I won't let this continue so you either get over yourselves and except her help. Or I will take her and we both will leave."

My hand reach out on their own accord trying to sooth him. Landing on his tense shoulders I gently run my hands downs his back, over his shoulders till I am hugging him from behind. "Pooh bear. They don't know me like you do. Relax."

"I will not watch them keep judging you when you have done nothing to warrant such treatment. They need to know I am serious about this. That my number one is you Kali."

"I know Jax. But you also know I can't leave. Not with this happening. So calm down. I can take their judgment and accusations. Like you said I don't have to tell them shit. So calm down. Please."

Relaxing under my hold Jax's body leans back into mine, accepting my hug. Kissing his cheek I mumble my thanks to him. Then I watch how the others digest his words. Lots of shock, a bit of anger, then guilt.

"I age differently because I am not a normal witch. But I will say this once so listen up. Do not ever compare me to that red bitch. I am nothing like her and I will not stand to be compared to her by anyone."

My voice is firm, non-argumentive, demanding. It holds their attention and coveys that I will not stand for it if it happens again. The thought of being compared to that whore has my blood racing and my knuckles turning white from clenching my fist so hard.

"Send out your messengers as soon as you can. I have to go talk to Nic."

Walking around Jackson I make my way towards the door before Isaac asks, "Are you sure you should be going back there on your own? After everything and without a meeting set up."

Smiling slightly, as I realize he unconsciously doesn't want me walking into potential danger on my own I answer him, "Me and Nic go back a long time. His court know better than to try stop me, it would be useless," looking over towards Anna I hesitate a bit. Would she like to visit her home. Talk to some of her friends without it being tense because of Isaacs presence. From what I understand she is not welcome back home while Isaac is around.

 "You could accompany me, if you wanted to."

The moment the question leaves my mouth Isaac tenses. Anna looks a bit bewildered at me. Excited, unsure, anxious. I wait until she sorts through her thoughts and emotions. Everyone stays quiet to allow her time to think on her own.

Reaching out to Isaacs mind, I gently run a hand down the stone walls encasing his mind. His eyes meet mine as he drops his shield allowing me into his mind. "She'll be fine. I've got her back, no one will touch her while she's with me Isaac. I promise."