Chapter 11

Stumbling I grabbed onto the tree nearest me to catch myself. My heart was racing with how fast I was running. The sun was dancing between the gaps in the trees casting beams of light everywhere. The wild flowers and trees watching over me as I ran and ran.

I could hear footsteps behind me. He was catching up to me. Fast. Pushing myself a little hard I was full out sprinting through the forest.

"Kali."

My eyes widened when I felt his breath right against my neck. Oh Mother Earth he's got me.

A heavy weight knocked into me making me fall forwards. Before I could hit the ground the body behind me twisted around so that I would land on him. Thump.

Opening up my eyes my face was squashed up against his chest. His childish face was looking down at me, his long white hair covering most of his face, his wide pale blue eyes checking over me. His chubby child hand reached out to stroke my cheek gently.

"Princess? Are you hurt?" His soft sweet voice was so familiar to me and made a light giggle come out of my mouth.

"Come Gawain! Run with me!" Such a sweet little voice. So innocent. Together we ran through the forest. Our home.

We reached the clearing with the stone arches. Mother was standing by the stone alter wth her eyes closed. As we appeared her eyes opened and she turned to us with a smile on her face. She was so beautiful. I was always in awe of her beauty, of her kindness.

"Come daughter." Her beautiful earth green eyes watched me as I ran over to her and wrapped my hands around her legs. A beautiful laugh escaped her lips at my antics. "You will do such greatness one day child. But it will be hard my sweet sweet girl."

Darkness started to sweep in from the edges and I looked around curiously at it. Snapping my eyes back towards my mother I whispered, "Momma.. Please Momma don't leave me!"

Smiling gently at me she ran her fingers through my hair, "Remember all I have told you sweet Kali. Remember the good and the bad."

Darkness consumed me.
_____________________

My eyes opened and I sat up in the bed quickly scanning my room for any dangers. Sighing quietly I ran my fingers through my hair, getting all tangled up in the knots.

It was just a dream. Just a memory.

My stomach growled loudly, reminding me that I haven't been eating properly the last two days. Standing up I windowed to the kitchen not caring about my appearance one bit.

Xavier and Isaac were in the kitchen when I arrived still trying to tame my hair. Isaac looked slightly unnerved at my appearance as if he wasn't expecting me.

"You have got to stop doing that," Isaac said as he watched me.

My hunger decided to make itself known again by growling even louder than before. Glaring down at it I gently patted it with my hand, "Damn I'm going to feed you just shut the hell up."

Looking around the kitchen I walked over the the fridge and pulled out bacon. Lots and lots of bacon. I made quick work of cooking it than sat a plate down between the two men at island. Jumping up onto the counter top I pulled my own plate onto my lap and started devouring it. Yum. Bacon is so good. A little moan slipped from my mouth. All the while the two men were watching me.

"What?" Most of my plate was empty bully now.

Isaac was still looking me weirdly, "I don't think I've ever seen someone eat like that."

Pouting a little I looked at my now empty plate, "I love food. Food is amazing."

Isaac just shook his head at me and picked up a piece of bacon while Xavier kept silent throughout the whole thing but ate the bacon quickly.

I think he's really starting to like me.

Damn I need to stop being so sarcastic.