Chapter 12

Around six everyone was gathered in the games room. I found out that Xavier and Blake didn't like anyone in their office. At all. We've just been there the last couple of days because it was the most secure and private room, other than their bedroom, in this place.

I walked into the room just as Blake materialised out if the shadows. Huh now that was impressive. The shadows parted and he became clearer bit by bit. The shadows wrapping and unwrapping around him.

Blake nodded once at Xavier and moved gracefully towards him. Xavier's eyes hardened before he looked around at everyone else in the room, jaw clenched. His eyes scanned over me and stayed on me a little longer than necessary.

"King Nicolai will be paying us a visit. Tomorrow." His voice as hard as it normally is.

Isaac's grip tightened on Anna's waist slightly. She had gotten paler and her eyes became hard. "No no no no no." She started struggling in Isaacs arms.

"Calm down! Anna, calm down," Isaac tried to sooth her but panic was taking over.

Anna managed to turn around in Isaacs arms. Shouting at him as she struggled, "You don't get it. They're not coming here to talk or to take you back with them. They're coming here to kill you Isaac. They will kill you right here." By the time she was done she was roaring, tears streaming down her face.

Isaac continued to try me calm her but because the threat was towards him, her mate, he would never be able to calm her completely. And soon we would have a seriously aggressive and protective female vampire on his hands. That would not end well.

Channeling my power I sent waves towards her. Soothing and calming waves. I watched as my power seeped into her. Doing its job.

"Annabelle, no one is going to hurt Isaac. No one. I won't let them. The King won't touch him because my alliance mean too much to him. And your father won't try anything either. A lot of people would and will protect Isaac. Including me."

I could see her calming down but by bit. Taking deeper breaths and hugging Isaac closer to her. When she was completely calm she looked back towards me and mouthed, "Thank you."

I just nodded at her my face completely blank. Too many memories. There was just too many. And I didn't want to remember them. Not right now. I couldn't deal with it right now.

When I came back to the present both Jax and Blake's eyes were on me.

Looking into Jax's eyes I nodded to let him know I was good. Tuning back into the conversation Jessie was talking about the King being pissed and when King Nicolai was pissed blood gets spiked.

"He won't do anything though. Not while Kali's here he won't do anything. As far as King Nicolai is concerned Kali claimed Isaac and killing Isaac would mean war," Jax explained.

Xavier's eyes met mine, "I want to know why."

He really wasn't going to let this drop. He didn't trust me I got that. He didn't know me and he didn't want to. And this was all got to do with that witch. I could see it in his eyes, as much as he didn't want me to see it I could. He had a lot of whys he wanted answered. And if he thought he could get every answer out of me without knowing me or without me trusting him he was terribly wrong. Jax took a step towards me and sighed knowing that something was about to happen.

"I'm going to say this once; you don't trust me and I don't trust you so if you think you are going to get every question you have answered your terribly wrong. You already know that I'm not only a witch. And with that comes power, unbearable, uncontrollable power. That also makes me dangerous. The King knew my family for generations so naturally he knew me and when the time came that I couldn't control my powers or myself any longer he knew I was a ticking time bomb. He knew he had to do something. So he did. I got control of myself and my beasts. They don't own me they're a part of me. Nicolai doesn't want a war with me because it would be devastating. And killing Isaac would insure a war. He's going to want answers. These are your people and this is your home so you will be the one answering them. I'll just simply be observing. I'm not your enemy Xavier."