Chapter 21

Collins. Collins. Collins. Collins.

I know that name. Where, where do I know that name from? I need to remember how I know that name. It is right there, I just can't seem to grasp it. Shoving it to the back of my mind I walk back around the desk. Grabbing a piece of paper and one of Xaviers' pens I quickly scribble a short, precise note. Placing my hand over the note blood dribbles out of the tip of my finger, falling on the page then rearranging to form my name. A signature in blood.

Folding it over, I close my eyes, calling out with my mind to my messenger. Made from mist and air, a thin, lanky figure appeared from the shadows, coming closer towards me. The closer he got the more you could make out. Pale skin, nearly as pale as those vampires, short dark hair, his features all hard angles and sharp lines, thin, lanky body, dressed in all black, male. His eyes were a daunting yellow, marking him as a messenger. When he reached me he bowed at the waist, holding it for several seconds before righting himself.

Handing him the note, my voice tense I tell him, "You give this to Micha, no one else Ethan. You hand it straight to him, watch him read it then leave. Then I want you to go find him. Use my blood if you must, be discrete. I don't need anyone looking in to my happenings."

"Of course Majesty. When I find him what would you have me do?" his voice as soft as the morning mist, drifting over your ears, near feminine.

"Bring him to me, do whatever you need to Ethan, just get him here. And be careful, please."

A slight grin teases his lips ad he bows once more, "Always Majesty."

Disappearing into the shadows his body becomes nothing more that mist.

Looking back to everyone, I feel my shoulders relax just a little bit. How am I going to warn people about the second sacrifice. These rituals are kept a secret for a reason, not many have knowledge of them. I don't even know who the next sacrifice will target. But I have to do something; I can't just leave thirteen people to die.

I need to gather my allies as well. And my inner circle. Over the years I have gathered an inner circle. People I trust, people I have claimed as my own. I am going to need them close to me. There is a war coming I can feel it. It's chilling. I need to gather all my strengths.

"We need to find out more about the man that was with her, the demon. If we find out who he is we might be able to find out who the next sacrifice will be. What faction they'll target. In the mean time we need to send out warnings to every immortal close by."

"And what shall we tell them Kal? Oh a ritual that none of you have ever heard of is being preformed and you might be the next sacrifice. That will go down splendidly," Jax always the smart-ass, kindly reminds me that this is going to be a bit more difficult than just informing people of an imminent danger.

Biting my lip I mull the thoughts over in my mind, "So we tell then that's there's a threat and we don't know where it will hit next. To be on the lookout and be cautious. We inform that what we can, mixing truths with little lies so they know what we need them too without knowing things that can put them in danger."

"How can knowing too much put them in danger? And why does no one know about this specific ritual anyway?" Annas' soft voice carries out to me, curious but slightly angry. Angry that things are being kept a secret and people could get hurt.

Blanking my face I look towards here, "Years ago, there was a group of immortals that thought they were better that everyone else, they thought they were gods. They thrived on dark power, and not the type of dark power a demon has. I'm talking about a dark power that comes from killings and sacrifices and causing utter terror. They got it in their head that they deserved to be worshipped. And they despised anyone who held power that could rival their own. So they started killing off people who could stand up to them. Then they started decreeing rules, demanding people serve them. Any whom defied them were tortured and murdered mercilessly. Another group of witches decided to take action. Sick of seeing their friends and family fall before them they sought to stop the evil that was plaguing our world. There were a few witches within that evil group and they started a ritual to open the doors to hell. They knew they couldn't stop the witches that were coming for them, not alone anyway, those witches were too powerful. Especially one of them.

They planned to open the doorway to hell and use hells creature to defeat anyone who stood in their way. To eliminate those against them. It nearly worked too. Except the witches had a seer that saw what was going to happen, so they set out to stop them. They were too late though the door had already been opened. They closed it up as quickly as they could, but more and more were falling around them. They knew they were going to die. But they made sure the door to hell was closed and that the witches that had opened it could never do so again.

After that the council decided to bind that particular spell, along with some others. The book that that spell came from was bound and hidden. Only one person knows where it is and it will stay that way. There are too many dark spells that could destroy life as we know it for that book to be out. Only few know about what happened that day, know about that spell and the consequences that came with it. Most who knew about it are long dead.

If we tell people about that there will always be another in line to try open the door. That will be another round of three sacrifices each and every time. This spell and the book that it is in will be kept a secret from the rest. To many people would kill for that ritual, that information."

"How do you... how do you know about it? How long ago did this happen?" Annas' soft voice and concerned look melted my heart slightly. She soft eyes looking at me concerned, concerned about a person she barely even knows.

Keeping my face blank, my voice emotionless, "About 200 years ago. And I know because I was the one who bound the spells."

Shocked faces meet my emotionless one. The only person that isn't shocked is Jax. Because he was right there with me. When I found my family dead. When I destroyed those that had destroyed me. When I lost control. He was the one who pulled me back. He was my only family left, even if he wasn't blood.