Candy Shop

Garroth's father had always owned a candy shop--for as long as he could remember.

Every day, Garroth would help out his father, Garte, and sell candy and other sweets to the residents of O'Khasis.

By the time Garroth was three, Garte and Sons' Candy Shop was one of the most well-known places in O'Khasis, and people came from many nearby towns to come and have some candy.

Garroth soon went into kindergarten, and his mom Zianna would come pick him up from school with his baby brother, Zane. Then, she would drop him off at the candy shop and he'd get his daily dose.

Even though Garroth had his daily helpings of candy from his Dad's shop, he grew up to be a tall, mature, healthy, SWEET (A/N HAHAHA GET IT!? BECAUSE CANDY IS SWEET--NO!? Oh... *cri*) boy.

5th grade approached quickly, and Garroth always brought his friends over to his Dad's candy shop after school.

"I love your shop!" Laurance would always compliment.

"Thank you." Dad would always say after.

"Do we get a discount?" Dante would ask, though he was younger and less mature.

"Dante...!" Garroth would scold, punching his shoulder.

But the next thing you know, all the boys had their pockets and underwear stuffed with candy to hide from their mothers.

Once Garroth was in 9th grade, he came home earlier than ever, and so he worked at the shop in the afternoons.

One day he brought a group of friends over to help our, and the shop had full maintenance over the weekend and was busier than ever.

To repay the boys, Garte would split the money in half, and then divide that half into however many friends Garroth had brought to help. They also would get free candy for a week.

"Thank you so much. Now run home, I don't want you getting in trouble!"

Later on in highschool, Garroth was older, and as he grew up, he brought less friends to the shop in the afternoons. The number of friends grew smaller, and smaller, and smaller. Then Garroth and Garte were alone in the afternoons after school.

"It seems quite lonley in here, since candy is no longer cool to my friends. I love candy!" Garroth said.

Garte laughed and nodded his head. "What about the girl outside?"

"Huh?" Garroth asked.

All be saw was long, dark hair fly by.

"She's gone, now." He said.

"Who was it?"
"I'm not sure. She had long, dark hair, though."
"Was she looking at the candy?"
"Yes."
"...Be right back. I gotta run!"
"G-Garroth-- and he's gone." Garte sighed, sweeping the dirty floor and leaving the dust outside.

Garroth ran around the corner and coincidentally noticed a short girl with long, dark hair. It was pulled up into a high ponytail.

He ran behind her. "Excuse me!!!"

She turned around and her face was red.

Garroth caught up to her and set his hands on his knees, crouching, to be able to catch his breath as well. "You were looking at the candy!"

She blushed, "Y-Yes..."

"Why didn't you buy some?" Garroth asked, puzzled.

"I-I... I don't have enough money." She frowned.

"Oh... Here, want some?" He asked.

"No!" She replied quickly, "Ahem.. N-No..."

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"S-Sure..."

Garroth stayed silent, not knowing what to say. Should he suggest working there?

"I heard you guys say you were lonley in the afternoons..." She said, "I-I was thinking... Maybe I could help? D-Don't pay me!!! That's unnecessary... Thanks though."

"Well you have to be paid. My dad has a policy when if my friends help me they get free candy and money." Garroth beamed.

"Yeah but we aren't friends-- are we...?" She asked.

"Well what's your name?" He asked.

"Tell me yours, first." She demanded.

"G-Garroth..."

She cleared her throat, "...Aphmau."

"I love it!" Garroth complimented.

"Thanks..." She quietly appreciated.

"So, come on, let's go." Garroth smiled.

Garte swept a bunch of dust out of the door, right into Garroth's blue eyes.

"Gah!" He yelped, holding his eyes.

"Oh my Irene-- a-are you okay?" Aphmau asked, running to grab a tissue and wipe his eye.

"Y-Yeah I'm fine...!" He insisted, letting Aphmau wipe his eyes.

"T-Thanks..." He laughed.

"S-Son! I'm so sorry!" Garte blurted, hugging him. "W-Who's this--Oh! Hi! You're the girl who was looking at the candy...!"

"Y-Yep... That's me..." She sighed, red faced.

"Can she work here?? Please please please??" Garroth pleaded.

Garte nodded, "Of course! Pay is high since we don't get much help anymore!" And with that he left to put the broom away.

"N-No that's--" she started.

"Thanks, Dad!" Garroth yelled.

________

Three months into the school year, Aphmau and Garroth began to date. They attracted all their friends back to the shop and everyone though candy was cool again.

Aphmau got paid after all and always had money for some extra sweets from Garte and Garroth's shop!

________

A/N Tysm for reading!

Sorry if this was bad, it kinda flipped towards the end but I have so many ideas and just want to get them done... 😑😂

So thank you all. (And hey, we're going strong without tags as of now!)

Oh yeah, thanks for 2k reads, this is fantastic! I ❤️ you all so much!!!

Yo gurl ❤️

Riley 👌🔥