Cousin

Percy wasn't really sure what was going on. He was staying with an old women and her husband in a house that looked like if you touched anything it would shatter.

They where very strict. It wasn't their fault. They did now have 3 foster kids staying with them. And the children were not exactly nice.

He had his own room which was a blessing, but at meals he was forced to sit with the family. His anxiety always hit him hard in large groups, and to Percy more than 3 people was a large group.

Percy didn't eat much, he just couldn't. He thought that the women whom owned the house, who preferred to be called Mrs., may of taken offense to his non existent appetite, but he couldn't do anything about it.

Percy had been staying with this family for about 3 days. In that time he had learned that they had arrested Gabe. But what did that mean? Would he be staying with this family forever or just for a short time? Didn't foster kids get shifted around a bunch? Could he get his stuff back? What about school? He hadn't even attended since coming here although the other wards did.

That was one of the reason those kids hated him. He knew they hated him. Everyone did in this house. They would even lock his door at night to keep him in, as if they didn't trust him.

But the biggest shock was when Hestia came over. He had thought they were done.

Percy had been given a new social worker when his case was settled. Apparently Hestia lived in some small village in Main. His new social worker was named Delia. She was.... nice. Nothing special. Basically all she did now was be sure he attended his meetings with his therapist. It didn't help considering Percy preferred to not answer with more than 3 words.

But never the less Hestia had shown up at his foster parents house on a particularly cold Tuesday.

"Percy, it's nice to see you again." She greeted.

"I'll be in the back" the foster mother said curtly.

Hestia sat in an arm chair and gestured for Percy to join her. He sat on the edge of the sofa, tense. Percy, again, didn't know what was happening. Did he did something wrong? Why was everyone keeping him in the dark?

He was so preoccupied with his thoughts he guessed he missed Hestia's question; she was staring at him as if awaiting something.

"Sorry?" He asked. 

"I asked you how you were doing." She repeated

"I'm fine."

"Are you?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

Percy did not answer. He knew he must look a mess. He hadn't been able to sleep right these last few days and his wounds were bothering him, but he didn't feel the need to elaborate.

"Listen Percy, as much as I am enjoying all this small talk, we need to get down to business. I'm here for a reason. I was looking through your file few nights ago. And and not sure how to put this so I'm just going to say it. Your father is not dead.

Percy blinked.

Hesitant looked as if she was waiting for a bomb to explode, but when it didn't she continued.

"His name is Poseidon Grace. You may of heard of him."

Percy had heard of him. He was a millionaire. He owned a cruise line and half of the east coast. He was brother to Zeus Grace who owned an airline and his half brother Hades Di'Angelo who owned his his own law firm.

He was rich. Grew up rich. Got richer.

No wonder he left.

Hestia must have notice the change in expression form curious to slightly angry because she continued on.

"Percy, your father did not know of your birth until this morning. Your mother never told him. If he did I guarantee he would of never of left you with that awful man."

"How?" Percy asked.

"How what?"

"How do you know."

"Because. Your father is my brother. I'm your aunt, but I'd prefer to think of you as a cousin. Makes me feel younger.

I know it's short and I haven't updated in forever, but y'all have to tell me when you want an update cause I tend to forget because I've been no busy lately. I'll try to do more frequent updates.