The court room

It was raining.

The sun was covered in gray thunder clouds that screeched their horrible scream at the top of their nonexistent lungs.

The sky let loose heavy tear drops of rain onto the the people and buildings below.

And yet Percy saw nor heard any of this.

He was sitting in a court room.

************************
A while back percy had gotten in a relation with this guy Luke.

He was a few years older than Percy and they only really met because he did supply runs for Gabe. Meaning he delivered drugs.

Percy saw him around Gabe's apartment for what still feels like most of his life.

Percy wasn't sure how it happened but eventually they started hanging out.

But pretty soon hanging out turned into kissing which turned into making out which turned into so much more.

None of it was Percy's first, Gabe had taken that from Percy long before, but it was the first time Percy had enjoyed parts of it.

Percy never loved luke. And luke never loved Percy.

It was never about that.

They stayed together for 2 reasons.

Sex and drugs.

Luke liked the first and Percy liked the later.

Percy was 13 and Luke was 18 but that didn't really matter at the time.

What mattered to Percy was the drugs.

His favorite by far was methadone.

It helped him focus while at the same time compliantly escape. And all he had to do for the white little pills was lay down for Luke and take what he gave him.

It wasn't anything new.

The addiction had last over 18 months. It finally came to an end at Sally's feeble request. Percy couldn't ever deny her anything.

So the next day he had broken things off with Luke, who had gotten so angry he pushed Percy down a flight of stars and quite working for Gabe.

When Gabe found out he lost a runner due to percy, he beat the crap out of his step son.

Percy had to spend a week in the hospital after that.

Percy had never thought all of this baggage would come back to haunt him. But, he soon realized, in court no one left anything unsaid.
***********************
He hated the court room.

He hated the off white walls and the over weight security guard.

He hated how Amphitrite had taken Tyson out for the day because "he was just too young for this."

He hated the way Tyson had cried and complained about being left out.

He hated how he was forced to sit in an uncomfortable  chair while all the lawyers augured  in a mess of "he said she said" encounters and political jargon percy could hardly understand.

He hated all of the witnesses who told there little segments of the story, among them Grover and Rachel who offered Percy kind smiles he didn't return.

He hated how Gabe's lawyer was so fucking good at his job that he kept swaying the jury away from the point of this court case.

And above all he hated the empty promises that were made to Percy about how the whole ordeal was going to be easy.