Long gone

Percy had a week until the trial.

Seven days

One hundred sixty eight hours

Ten thousand  eighty minutes.

Six hundred four thousand eight hundred seconds.

It simply wasn't enough time.

Apparently Percy was right, Gabe had gotten bail. Hades had told him at their last meeting with Apollo and his father who this time actually participated in the meeting.

Apparently one of Gabe's old poker buddies paid the bail after Gabe's lawyer pulled some strings.

Poseidon looked pissed at the news. Everyone did. Percy didn't understand why, it's not like they knew him.

Sure they knew some of the things Gabe did to Percy, but they didn't know all of it. Hades and Apollo never even asked about the phycological abuse. Hades had simply said it wouldn't hold up in a court room and left it at that.

As for the sexual abuse, Percy was pretty sure Apollo knew but didn't want to talk about it, especially in front of Percy.

And Poseidon..... Percy didn't know what Poseidon knew. Percy didn't really want to think about it.

And they never got to talk about Percy's Mom.

How Gabe used to hit her.

Use her.

Got her high and hooked.

But maybe they didn't know.

No, Percy almost forgot that his moms record was in his file.

That damn file Percy never even got to look at.

He really hated how everyone acted like they know him. Know him well enough to put it all in a file and not even let Percy check over it.

But maybe that's just how adults worked these days.

He was glad he would never have to become one.

"...and he has a strong claim." Hades was saying.

"A strong claim, how the fuck dose he have any claim at all, I-"Poseidon  was cut of by Percy's quite voice.

"What dose he have a claim to?" Everyone in the room looked at him. Percy swallowed. "I'm sorry I wasn't really listening."

Hades and Apollo shared a look before hades replied in a kind voice. "Apparently Gabe has switched his initial statement."

"Switched it to what?" Percy asked.

"He's claiming that you are, there is not really a better way for me to put this," Hades took a deep breath trying to tame his own anger. "He's claiming that you are too mentally unstable to testify."

Percy didn't reply for a long moment until, to the surprise of everyone who thought he'd be furious, he responded in a calm and clear voice "how can that hold up in court? The police found me in a puddle of my own blood with Gabe passed out on the couch. Besides, some one else called it in."

"Yes, I know at first it didn't make sense to me either. But with what's in your file.."

Again with the damn file.

"... Gabe is arguing that you did it to your self, which is ridicules of course, but although authorities found you in a puddle of your own blood you have also had a past experience with attempted suicides and had narcotics in your system."

"That he put there." Percy said starting feel angry.

"And how exactly did he do that?" Apollo asked.

Percy opened his mouth, then shut it.

The truth was Percy did have a drug addiction, yes, but he got over that years before the police had found him all those months ago.  The narcotics in his system were from Gabe.

Sometimes Gabe liked it when his good girl fought back.

And sometimes he didn't.

The narcotics were to make Percy unable to fight back. Just lay their like a rag doll.

He couldn't tell them that. Not in front of Poseidon. Not in front of anyone.

Then they'd know. They would be able to see how dirty Percy was. How Percy could never do away with the disgusting memories of Gabe inside him.

"Never mind" Percy said.

"Never mind" Apollo questioned a bit frustrated, "Percy if you have some kind of explanation for the narcotics other than you wanted a rush you need to tell us." When Percy didn't reply Apollo continued "listen Percy. If you can trust us than we can help you put Gabe away for good."

"Look, Percy I don't think you understand the importance of this." Poseidon said as he laid a hand on Percy's shoulder and looked at Hades for conformation for what he was about to tell Percy. "We weren't going to tell you at first, they thought you wouldn't be able to handle this but I think you should know. Gabe is trying to get custody of you-"

"-what" Percy interrupted.

"Percy just let me explain, please" Poseidon asked.

Percy didn't really argue any further he didn't know what to say.

"When your mother gave birth to you, I wasn't there. I didn't know that Sally was pregnant. And since I wasn't there I didn't sight any of the papers that give me rights to you, and since I never paid child support Gabe is claiming that since he signed the forms and took care of you, that you should live with him."

"That doesn't make any sense, how did this mess go from Gabe being put in jail to a custody battle." Percy said with frustration and fear clear in his eyes. "Please, I don't want to have to live with him again..... I can't do that again."

"Hey, hey I know." Poseidon said as he tried to keep his anger out of sight so he could focus on giving some sort of semblance for Percy. "But you know what? We are going to make sure that didn't happen right Hades?"

"Yes" hades replied hastily

"But "Apollo interjected "that means you are going to have to say everything to that jury. I know there are parts you will want to leave out, but trust me, leaving out anything could lead you having to go home with Gabe."

"But there isn't anything left to tell" Percy argued halfheartedly

"We both know that's not true." Poseidon said.

And it was at that moment that Percy realized that maybe they knew a little more that what he thought.

But that's Impossible. Because if they knew, if they really knew, Percy would be long gone.

And no one would care.

Okay I know it's been a while, but I've been really busy with my midterms and my birthday, but I stayed home sick today and took a little break from wallowing around to write for you guys.
I hope you liked it and as always thx for reading 💕