Bastard

Percy

Percy wanted to look nothing like him.

He wanted to pretend that his looks (good or bad) came from his mother.

And yet Poseidon, his biological father, the man too stupid to properly work a condom, and the guy who didn't care enough to stay with Percy's pregnant mother, looked exactly like him (spare a few graying hairs and a much better complexion)

Percy wasn't the first to notice it.

When Percy stepped through those double doors that symbolized the separation of the parts of his life, Percy had been treated with a type of family reunion.

At least that's what he assumed it was considering everyone in the room had similar qualities.

Apparently he wasn't the only one surprised by the multitude of people.

Hestia looked damn right furious.

Fire a blazing she walked right passed Percy towards a man with sea green eyes and unruly black hair.

"What the hell Poseidon, I told you not to have everyone here. I told you specifically that if he met you separately from the rest of our family, and I meant your immediate family, it would be better for everyone. Instead you decide to host the whole fucking-"

"Hestia" the man said before leading her off a little ways back. "I didn't invite them, my wife did. I didn't even know they were coming till I walked down stairs to find half the family in my living room. Now listen, is he hear now? cause if he is I think we should go to the pool house before Amphitrite shows up and causes a scene. I mean I've seen her angry before but this is just...."

Poseidon trailed off noticing Percy for the first time.

He looked at Percy with an expression Percy couldn't place brewing in his sea green eyes and that's when percy knew this man was his my father. They both just stood there and stared for a bit till a tall women with blond hair walked over to us, sickly sweet smile matching her overly strong perfume.

"So, looks like your genes do show. At least with your bastard if not any of your real children."

It was a low blow. Percy didn't really get the insult and Percy wasn't exactly sure if the women was angry with him or Poseidon, but then, he reasoned, is was probably both and the insult he of course wouldn't get because he just met these people.

"Amphitrite not now. We will handle this latter."

"Like hell"

"Listen you already pulled half the family out here, you wouldn't want to embarrass yourself would you?"

And despite the fact Poseidon called Percy's situation "this" Percy couldn't help agree with what Poseidon was saying.

Although the conversation prier to Amphitrite's spiteful comment had been relatively low spoken, heads were beginning to turn in their direction.

Taking this as her cue Amphitrite walked back into the kitchen and Poseidon lead Percy out, leaving Hestia to deal with all the stars and questions about to be shot her way.

"Sorry about that" Poseidon said as he lead Percy to the pool house, that Percy couldn't help but notice was twice the size of Gabe's old apartment.

They sat in silence in the living room on 2 couches separated by a glass coffee table.

The silence quickly grew awkward.

"Do u talk" Poseidon said "I mean.." he took a breath "after I heard about your past situation I started looking into child abuse and a few effects of that were selective mutism so I just wasn't sure if..."

Poseidon realized he was babbling about a sensitive subject in the upmost insensitive way just a bit to late.

"I...um.....I'm not....." Percy trailed off "wait you read my file?"

"Oh yeah, just some off the legal stuff and abuse spelled out in capital letters kind of stood out."

"Legal stuff? Like what?"

"For the trial. Didn't Hestia tell you?"

"I didn't even know there was a file. Or a trail..."

Percy instantly felt stupid for rhyming.

The silenced resumed.

Percy gazed of to a picture of 11 people. He recognized Poseidon and Amphitrite but the others he couldn't place. All of them had Amphitrite's brown eyes and all except a tall dude on the right had her blond hair as well.

Percy suddenly understood the insult form before.

Although Percy wasn't really sure why it was an insult. Amphitrite, although a bitch, was a very attractive lady passing that quality to her children. But then, he supposed, realizing your husbands bastard you now have to take care of is the striking image of your husband might of been a bit hard to chew.

"That's my family" Poseidon stated, dragging Percy out of his thoughts.
"Although I suppose, they're your family too now." Poseidon tried for a smile but all he got in return was a blank look.

"That's my children: Theseus, Triton, Polyphemus, Orion, Belus, Agenor, Neleus, Atlas" Poseidon continued " although only Trition and Tyson live with me full time. Theseues and Polyphemus stop by some time, they go to a college pretty near here. The rest usually only come on holidays. They're all busy starting their own lives." He paused for a moment. "Your what 14?"

"15"

"Right so that means your about two years younger than Triton and about 5 years older than Tyson. So I guess that puts you in the middle."

Percy continues to stare at that picture. A happy family. He felt like he was intruding. No, he knew he was intruding.

"So I guess we can just stay here till the party dies out unless you want to go inside.?"

"Why are they here anyway?"

"Either my wife invited them here to make you feel uncomfortable or they found out about you on their own and wanted to see for themselves. Frankly I believe it was the first but I wouldn't put anything against my family's ability to intrude.....
You know, Amphitrite really is a nice lady. She's just mad at me. You have to understand that when we got that phone call about who you were.... we were both surprised and then she put two and two together and has been furious ever since. But don't worry she'll get over it....... eventually.

Okay there 1046 words. I'm pretty proud of myself.....

Anyway as always thx for reading🖤