Travels

Hestia had given him 30 minutes.

30 minutes to pack what belongings he had been able to take from his apartment that night everything went to hell.

30 minutes to grab a coat and put on his shoes.

And 30 minutes to give half hearted goodbyes to his now ex- foster parents.

He only needed 5.

Hestia had brought Percy to the airport. He had never been on a plane before and was surprised at the size of the thing. He had spent most of the time waiting for the flight looking out the windows.

Hestia had been nice enough to buy him dinner, which he supposed she didn't have to do. She really didn't have to do any of this but drop him off, but he supposed she was going to take him to his father personally do to the fact that they were cousins.

That word felt weird in Percy's mouth. Cousin back home he had no one but his mom. And after she died he was really alone. Now he had cousins. Which meant he had uncles. And he knew that this Poseidon Grace had a wife and kids. So now he had a step mother. And would it be half-brothers?

Percy wasn't sure how he felt about the whole thing. His new "family" could hate him. Everyone else dose, so he wouldn't be surprised.

Their plane arrived at 6:30 pm.

Hestia was nice enough to give him the window seat. It was dark so he couldn't see much, but the lights of new York were a spectacular sight.

The flight took about 2 hours. When they landed they stayed in a hotel since it was pretty late and the ride to the house was about 2 hours.

The hotel was far nicer than Percy had ever stayed in. Hestia had called it shabby, but to Percy it was wonderland. The room had two beds (he had never had his own before) there was a balcony and two windows a full functioning bathroom and to top it all off a huge coach that looked as though it could seat 12. But to Hestia it was shabby.

"You should wash" hestia said as she turned on the bathroom light. "You've been traveling nearly all day, I wouldn't want you to meet the rest of the family looking like that."

I don't think she meant it as an insult, just a light hearted jab. But it still hurt.

On the plane Percy had searched some of the people in the Grace family. They were all extremely good look while Percy thought he looked more like a potato than anything else.

He slept some, but not much. Percy hadn't been able to sleep well since his mother died. And it showed.

In addition to the small scare on his bottom lip (courtesy of Gabe) he had large dark bags beneath his eyes and his skin was as white as a sheet.

He was on the skinny side from lack of nutrition and yet still had muscle from years of work.

And he had scars

Scars that covered him like some sort of twisted blanket.

Most were from Gabe. Like the long slashes on his back that looked eerily like whip marks. Or the long scar on his abdomen from when Gabe thought Percy was too fat and decided to show Percy what fat looked like. And then there were the light semblance of fingertip like bruises that still resided on Percy.

Those bruises were in places they shouldn't be. Places that no man should even touch, at least that's what the paster at Percy's old church said when setting the matter straight on how to deal with "those heterosexuals".

And maybe that was why Percy had never told anyone. Had never told anyone what Gabe did to him when he went to sleep. The only thing Gabe did to him that was worse than the beatings, because this kind of pain was one that ripped you inside out.

Then there were the other scars.

Sure some were from accidents, like the time Percy had tripped and landed on one of Gabe's beer cans which broke from the impact.

But there were some that littered her thighs and arms that were nothing but a result from Percy's inability to cope with his torture.

The cold metal of his sharpest blade became more of a friend than Percy ever had. And sometimes Percy things all this scars are worth those small moments of relief.

But Percy couldn't help wonder how his new "family" would feel about Percy's skin.

Not that they would ever know.

Gabe was a lot of thing but he wasn't an idiot. He never hurt Percy in places other people could see.

And all Percy owned were long sleeves and pants anyway, no one would ever have to see.

That is if his new "family" even cared. They could decide they didn't want a broken boy and send him right back into foster care. 

Percy wasn't sure what he wanted from his biological father the his biological fathers family.

But for now he would just focus on scrubbing his body clean as if erasing a horrible memory, like he had ever since Gabe decided he wanted to hurt Percy on more than a physical level.

I know it's been forever and I'm the most inconsistent updater in the world but i am trying to balance AP test, finals, school, social life, and an not to healthy exception of PJO fanfiction. But I will try to update more. And for those of u who ask for an update it really appreciated because it reminds me of what I'm doing so please, of you want an update ask.
And as always thx for reading.