Chapter 2: Onward

You leaned back against Luffy, who was more than happy to wrap his arms around you and hold you close. You, him, and a little one named Coby, were all on the same ship, having taken it from some sort of cruise ship after beating up a pirate named Alvida, who had tried to pillage it.

Anyway, you were now headed in search of the first member of your pirate crew. A man named Roronoa Zolo. Apparently he was a pirate hunter, but Luffy wanted to recruit him and you supported him fully.

Coby was still whining about one thing or another. That kit seemed scared of everything. You didn't like whiners, so you moved away from Luffy and went over to Coby. My gosh, he was even scared of you! What, did he think you would eat him? Basically going into mother cat mode, you settled down, pulled the little guy close, and started to lick his hair.

Coby panicked, convinced that you really were going to eat him, while Luffy just laughed at his fear. You were not going to eat him, but he was filthy and, as a cat, you licked things to get them clean. He settled down a little after a while, but he was still shaking all over. You purred quietly, just trying to calm down the spineless little weirdo.

This was going to be a long trip.

"Land!"

You raised your head and looked toward Luffy, who was wiggling all over with excitement. "Izzat where Zolo is?"

He nodded so hard his hat fell off. You purred and gently moved away from a sleeping Coby. The little kitten had finally figured out that you didn't want to eat him and wound up snuggling up to you and falling asleep. You sat next to Luffy and he gently grabbed hold of your hand. "So we're finally gunna start making our crew?"

"Yosh!"

You leaned against him, resting your head on his shoulder. He gently ran one hand through your hair, rubbing your ears occasionally, making you purr with pleasure. He shifted, looking down into your (E/C) eyes. "Hey."

"Hey." You booped his nose.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Pirate King."

He grinned, ridiculously happy, and leaned closer. Your purr got deeper when his lips touched yours, gently at first. He moved you onto his lap, wrapping his arms around you, pulling you as close as you could get. Your arms were around his neck, and when his tongue brushed against your lips you let him in. Laying you down, pressed against you, so close you could feel his heart pounding in his chest. Your tongues brushed against each other in a dance of pure love.

Luffy was more than a little innocent, so he genuinely didn't know how to do more than kiss, but he was very, very good at that. Lungs burning for air, he finally pulled away long enough for a few gasps of air before crashing down against you again, taking away what little breath you'd managed to get back.

One day, you would have to teach him the delicate art of making babies.

Walking through the town, you held on to Coby's hand, making sure he didn't wander. The three of you were searching for the holding place of Roronoa Zolo, who apparently was a pretty good swordsman.

"I found him!" You looked up at Luffy, who was currently clinging to a wall. Sighing, you picked up Coby and put him on your shoulders before climbing up the wall, sinking your claws into the grout. Making it to the top you looked over and saw a man with neon green hair. Tied up, he didn't look too dangerous. But Coby was shivering with fear, his face buried in your hair.

'Well,' you thought, 'He doesn't look so tough.'

You had never been so wrong.