Chapter 41: Problem With A Drawbridge

You sunk your claws into the wood you sat on, jaw clenched. You could see the drawbridge from where you sat that would lead to the other part of Eines Lobby, where CP9 had taken Robin.

Robin... You missed her. You missed her a lot.

But you believed that Luffy would save her. But first he had to get past that drawbridge. And it was stuck.

You glanced around you. None of the Marines were paying you and particular amount of attention. Even little Cody was looking towards where your crew and the Galley-La company were wreaking havoc.

You slipped quietly away, ears pricked for the sound of pursuit. When you had sufficiently distanced yourself from the Marines to be able to change without them catching you, you went to all fours, your thick (H/C) fur blowing in the wind.

You flexed your claws and gathered your strength for what you were about to do. There was one other thing you'd never told the rest of your crew, mostly because it never came up. Something that only Luffy and Ace knew.

You could change your size.

When you were just a kit, your normal size now was as big as you could force yourself to go. But now that you were full-grown... Well, who knows? You had never tried to test to your limits, but this was as good a time as any.

Your claws scraped against the cobblestones beneath your pads and you began to grow.

~~~
"LUFFY!!"

Luffy turned to see Zolo waving his arm at something behind them. The whole crew was gathered on the rooftop opposite the drawbridge, waiting for it to drop so they could get to the other side. Luffy didn't know why Zolo was bothered about something back there, but he turned anyway.

At first there didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary and Luffy was about to ask what was up when he saw it.

Fur. (H/C) fur poking up from behind a building. A cat's spine arched into view and then your raised your head. Luffy was shivering with excitement. He didn't know you could be such a big kitty! He wanted to pet your nose, but he knew now probably wasn't the best of times.

Your massive paws sent Marines flying as you pushed yourself past buildings, heading straight towards the drawbridge.

And Luffy could see that you were still getting bigger.

With a snarl of frustration, you swatted a building to rubble with one sweep of your paw, claws gouging deep scratches into the earth. Marines ran around and panicked, with no way to counter this new threat.

When they finally thought to use their guns, it was far too late, your thick fur catching the bullets and making it so only a few even reached your skin. At worst, you'd probably have a few bruises.

Luffy jumped up and down as you forced your way closer, your purr loud enough to shake the ground.

You rested your head on the building, already knowing that Luffy would want to pet your nose. He made a little happy squee and tried to hug your muzzle, but he was too small. He had to stretch his arms just to even get close.

The breath that blew out of your nose blew his clothes back and stuck his hair straight back. When he stepped away he looked like he'd been in a windstorm.

You swept your tail across the ground, effectively clearing it of human life.

Luffy threw himself up with his Gomu-Gomu powers, ending up on the top of your head. He moved close to your ear and yelled, "CAN YOU OPEN THAT GATE PLEASE, SWEETHEART!!?!"

You twitched your ears in response and almost knocked him off. He jumped down and waved and you waved your tail back at him.

You padded forward, standing just where the drawbridge should fall. You stood on your hind legs and leaned forward until your body bridged the gap, your forepaws now on the Tower of Justice itself.

You could hear the uproar of the Marines as they desperately tried to stop you, but you ignored them, shoving one paw into the gap of the drawbridge. You shoved it down, putting your other paw in the gap and pushing downward with all the force in your muscles.

Metal screeched as chains snapped and stone was ripped from the tower walls as you pushed the drawbridge open. You purred when the bridge was forced fully open, your tail curling up with pleasure.

Then something slammed into your ribs, and you staggered. Turning, your lips drawn back in a snarl, you hissed in the face of a giant. He held a ball and chain in his hands and you growled low in your throat as your side gave a dull ache.

You leapt on him as your crew stormed the Tower of Justice, grabbing the chain in your jaws and wrenching it from the giant's grasp. You swing your head, bringing the ball down on the giant's gut, knocking the breath out of him.

While he was wheezing on the ground you turned and swung the ball again, destroying a few buildings before letting it go to crash into the side of the Tower of Justice.

You rampaged for a few minutes more, taking out Marines and turning buildings to rubble. Then you ducked behind a building that was still standing, shrinking down to the size of a house cat and dashing through alleyways.

When you were close to where you'd started, you changed back to human and slid out of the shadows, sitting down behind Cody and reaching out to tap his shoulder.

He whirled around, panic in his eyes. "(Y/N)! Are you okay? Where did you go? Did you see that beast!"

You shifted, trying to act afraid. "I'm sorry... I got scared and ran away..."

"O-Oh! It's okay! You don't have to apologize!" He gently patted your hand. "Where do you think it came from?" He whispered. "Did that Nico Robin lady do it? Everyone always says she's really high on the wanted list, so maybe she could do something like that..."

"Oh yes," you said nodding. "She's a witch. All sorts of black magic with that one."

He looked so horrified and you suddenly remembered that he would have no reason not to accept everything you said about the crew as fact.

Oops.

You shifted again, rubbing your sore ribs. That was definitely gunna bruise.