Chapter 13: Angel Beach

Nami started talking to Conis, while Luffy tried to get you to try the conache. You were about to try it, when Zolo said that something was headed toward the beach. You looked, ears pricked, at where something was arriving from the sea.

"That's my father," Conis said, waving and shouting, "Heso!"

An answering "Heso!" came from the figure that was drawing ever nearer. You all jumped out of the way as it ran up on shore, and crashed straight into a conache tree. A man, with wings and antenna like Conis, stood up and dusted himself off. "Is everyone okay?" He asked.

"You're the one that crashed!" Zolo spat.

You went over to sniff at the man's clothes, looking for anything that could hurt your friends. "Are these people friends of yours, Conis?" He asked.

"Yes," Conis replied. "They're from the blue sea."

"I see. Then they must feel rather lost. You've reached the white-white sea. Ah, pardon me. I should've introduced myself. I am Pagaya."

Satisfied, you stepped back and went to stand by Luffy again.

"Oh, this is perfect." Pagaya said. "I was just out fishing for the finest catch in the white-white sea. A sky lobster. Won't you come to our home and enjoy the bounty of the sky with us?"

You and Luffy, whose love for food rivaled your love for each other, roared your approval, while Sanji almost begged to be allowed to help. You were about to head off when Nami asked about the vehicle, or waver as it's called. "Can I ask you something first? How does this operate? There's no sail to catch the wind and you weren't rowing. How does it move over the waves?"

"Oh," Conis said. "You must not know what a dial is."

"A dial?" Nami asked. But Conis didn't elaborate, choosing instead to right the waver and pull it back toward the sea. "Father? Can they try?"

"Sure." He said. "What harm could it do?"

A lot apparently.

Sanji and Zolo pulled Luffy out of the sea. The idiot had fallen in after trying to ride the waver. You licked him as fast as you could, trying to dry off his face and hair. Pagaya was apologizing profusely. "Wavers are built very light for the sake of speed," he said. "But even a small wave can send them out of control. The operator must understand the sea and anticipate the waves. Forgive me!"

Chopper was shocked upon learning how difficult it was to drive, and Conis said that she'd been practicing since childhood, but had only recently learned to drive. "If you practice," Pagaya said, "you can be ready in about ten years."

"What!?" Usopp shouted. "That's a long time!!"

"Hey!" Nami shouted from the sea, where she rode the waver with ease. "This is wonderful!"

"You're wonderful, Nami!!" Sanji screamed, while you and Luffy wondered how she could ride it.

"There's a trick to it," Nami said. "Your touch isn't delicate enough, Luffy!"

You bared your teeth in a snarl. You'd never liked Nami. She'd  tried to hurt Luffy too much for you to be anything other than against her.

"Hey Nami!" Luffy shouted. "We're going to the man's house now! Hurry up and get off! Stupid! Get off right now, dummy!"

Sanji looked like he wanted to kick Luffy, so you slid in between them.

"You guys go on ahead!" Nami shouted. "Can I ride it a little longer, mister?"

"Of course," Pagaya answered. "But please be careful!"

" 'Usopp, you idiot.' 'Huh?! What'd I do?' 'Now press the apex...' " Luffy laughed as the tone dial repeated the sounds.

"Hey!" He said. "The shell insulted Usopp!"

"Idiot!" Usopp said. "That was your voice!"

Luffy just grinned. You purred watching from one of the cloud chairs. Them chairs tho. They were pretty lit.

"I still don't understand how dials make the waver move." Robin said.

"Ah," Conis pulled out another dial. "We use a larger of this one. It's called a wind dial. It takes however much wind you put in and blows it back out. For instance, if you put thirty minutes of wind in, thirty minutes of wind would come out. Robin was nodding, and Luffy took the dial and pin wheeled his arm for a few seconds, laughing as the resulting wind blew his hair back.

The conversation continued, and Luffy went and whispered something in Conis' ear. She nodded and handed him another dial. You pricked your ears, wondering what Luffy was planing with this one. He held it close to his mouth, speaking quietly. Then he ran over to you and gently put the dial in your hands. "Here." He said. "For you."

You pressed the top, but the words were to quiet to make out. You held it closer to your ear and, very quietly, heard Luffy's voice murmur "I love you." You purred so hard you couldn't speak, then you pulled Luffy close and kissed him roughly.

"I love you too, King of the Pirates."

And then Sanji and Pagaya brought out the food.

(A lot of the lines here are actually copied from the manga. I literally held it in my lap and copied the words. One Piece belongs to Oda, but imma take some of his words!)

(please don't sue me)