Chapter 35: One Less

"I'm so tired..." You whined, sprawled out on the deck of the Merry Go.

"Well, it's only to be expected." Chopper ran his hooves over your stomach. "You're pregnant, so you'll be getting tired a lot quicker."

"Nuuuuu....." You rolled over and started to snore.

~In dreamland~

"Oh me gosh, look, butterflies." Butter with wings floated past and you swatted one down, giggling.

Ace pushed you over and the two of you tumbled in the dirt. Sabo jumped onto the pile, flashing his gap toothed grin. The three of you play fought, getting covered in dirt.

You pulled away and got onto your pony. "Hi ho Pinkie, AWAAAYYY!!" You rode your pink pony into the sunset.

You woke up with a start. "Well, that was weird." You hauled yourself to your feet, lashing your tail to get rid of the sleep-flattened look in the fur.

You changed to a beast halfway through your stride, yawning again. When you walked into the room where your crew was gathered, you stopped at the door, ears pricked.

Usopp was up, apparently healed enough to stand. He was glaring at Luffy and your lover was stiff with fury, lips peeled back in a snarl. The other crew members were watching, shock and confusion in their eyes.

Confused but protective, you padded slowly forward to stand in front of Luffy, fur bristling.

Usopp turned on his heel and stalked out, and you knew that if he had a tail it would be fluffed out with fury.

You turned to look at Luffy, confused. What had happened? Why was he so mad? When was Usopp going to come back?

Luffy ran a hand through your fur. "Usopp got mad when he heard that we have to get rid of the Merry. He's not coming back." Your ears flattened with shock. How could he not come back?

Luffy shrugged. "He wants to fight me later."

You gave a small meow of uncertainty. Could Usopp even survive a hit from Luffy in the state he was in? Again, Luffy shrugged. "Dunno. But that's his problem."

~~~
Luffy was leaned against your furry body, hat covering his face, when Nami walked in. You raised your head and showed your teeth, only relaxing when Luffy gently murmured in your ear. Laying your head back on your paws, you glared at her from your (E/C) eyes.

"What is it?" Luffy didn't even look up.

"Well, it's just... Y-You should go talk to Usopp!"

"If this could be solved with words, it wouldn't have come to this."

"But you can't fight him! He's-"

"What do you know?" Luffy looked up enough to glare at her, taking his hat from over his face. "Hmm?"

She started to argue again and you raised yourself up on your forepaws, snarling. This time Luffy didn't quiet you.

"Best leave us be, Nami. Her bite is far worse than her bark."

Flustered and frustrated, Nami left and you settled back down, turning your head to gently lick Luffy. He wrapped his arms around your neck, burying his face in your cheek. You gave a gentle purr of comfort, putting one forepaw around him and holding him close.