Chapter 46: Stop Hiding The Children, Luffy

"Luffy, where did Coby go?"

Your mate froze, glancing at you from the corner of his eye before slowly turning away. "I dunno."

You sighed. "You're lying, aren't you."

"Maybe."

"Luffy, just tell me."

"No thank you."

Sighing, you walked away, knowing you'd get nothing more from him. 'Alrighty then...' You parted your jaws to taste the air, searching for Coby's familiar scent. Eventually, you found him shoved in a cabinet and had to work to pull him free.

You put the poor boy on his feet and rubbed his head. "Coby, sweetie, how did you get up there?"

"L-Luffy-san shoved me up there. I don't know why."

You sighed and grabbed Coby's hand, turning to go scold Luffy. Your ear twitched as a small cry reached you. Nose twitching, you exited the kitchen and found Chopped tied to the ceiling fan.

"Chopper! How did you get up there?!"

"Luffy tied me up here."

"Dangit, Luffy..." You picked up Coby and raised him onto your shoulders so he could untie Chopper and the three of you continued on together. "Alright," you muttered. "Let's see who else you've hidden."

You changed to a cat and let Coby and Chopper climb onto your back. Then, nose to the ground, you followed the trail of Luffy's scent. He'd been running around like crazy, apparently hiding people.

The trail led you outside, where you found Sanji, hogtied in a tree. You left him though, because Zolo was already halfway up the tree and you didn't want to interfere. You swiveled your ears back and heard Zolo say, "Can't you stay out of trouble for five minutes you stupid chef?"

To which Sanji replied, "Just shut up and cut me down, baka!"

You purred, tail curling up in amusement. Those two really were adorable. Next you headed down the street, following the mixed scent of Luffy and Paulie. The trail ended but Paulie was nowhere to be found.

Ears twitching, you huffed and tasted the air. It almost smelled like... But no, it couldn't be. Claws out, you began to dig, throwing pawfulls of dirt to the side. Paulie shook the dirt out of his hair and said, "Cat lady! Thank goodness you're here, I've been buried for ten minutes."

You grabbed him by the back of his coat and yanked him out of the ground, roughly licking him all over, despite his flails and protests.

You scooped Paulie onto your back and continued on your search. You found Robin on the roof of the hotel, reading a book. She looked over at you and said, "Luffy said I was hidden. I take it I've been found?" You nodded and trotted back down the steps, Robin at your side.

Together, you and your companions sought out Luffy, the start of all this nonsense. When you walked into the room he was in, he gave you one glance and then attempted to jump out the nearest window.

You caught him, but just barely, and the three on your back almost fell off. You picked Luffy up in your jaws and dropped him in a corner, making sure he wouldn't make a dash for the exit.

Coby hid behind you, Paulie stood, still covered in dirt, with his arms crossed over his chest, Chopper stood awkwardly to the side, and Robin waved.

You changed back to human and shook your head. "Luffy, sweetie, this is the third time today, you have to stop hiding everyone."

"But I'm booooored."

You sighed and kneeled in front of him, taking his face in your hands and making him look at you. "Honey, that's no reason to hogtie Sanji."

"Well, he didn't tell me not to."

You laughed and shook your head again, pulling him close and kissing his temple. "Just don't bury anyone else, okay?"

"Okay!" Luffy hugged you back, grinning like the idiot he was.