Tension

Your P.O.V
We all decided that it was best in the safest interest of everyone that we left,yeah maybe there aren't that many safe places anymore but we have to keep looking.

We all packed up our stuff and got ready to leave in Dales Camper van.
I helped Carol and Sophia pack as they had a lot more stuff than me and Emily and we were ready to leave before noon.

I helped with loading onto the camper van and because there wasn't enough room I was going to ride with Daryl on his bike.

I hoped on and Daryl tensed as I hung onto his back for dear life,he soon relaxed as we took off.The air blew through my hair as he drove and Dale drove a little further behind us.

We soon got to the highway,it was full of cars just abandoned and left trashed blocking a way around.I looked back at the camper van to see it couldn't get past.

"Daryl,they can't get past"I spoke and we slowed down and turned back around.

"God dammit!"Dale spoke jumping out of the front seat,the exhaust had gone and smoke was flowing from the front of it.

"Can you fix it?"Rick asked joining Dale  as me and Daryl joined them.Everyone else climbed out of the camper van,"it's gonna take time but yeah,I need some supplies first off so we can get this on the road again".

"If we get the supplies and sort it we could be on the road again before 5"Dale spoke again and we each nodded asking what we needed to find.

Me and Daryl looked in empty cars on the far side of the road while the others looked in the others.

"Daryl!Look this guys got some new arrows in the back they look barley touched"I called him over.

Daryl grunted as he came over and broke the glass and grabbed them out,he split them between us and carried on searing for more supplies.

I found a few bottles which may come in handy and put them in my rucksack and carried on looking in more cars as Daryl did the same.

I was looking in a car full of nothing but boxes of trophies when I felt a hand go around my mouth I turned around to see Daryl.

He pointed over to the herd of walkers coming towards us,I nodded to him and he pointed to under the car so we bother crawled under.

I looked across to see everyone else under the cars already.Then the moans became more audible as they slowly passes us.

It was getting quiet once the majority of them had passed only a few were a fair few feet back from the main group,I noticed Emily get up from under the car and a walker was just passing so was already trying to eat her.

She screamed and ran into the woods I quickly got up and ran towards where she went,I dodged the walker and noticed a few had seen us and started following us thankfully the rest of the group carried on not noticing us.

I ran down the path towards the woods and tripped as I did but I quickly got back up.

I soon found Emily and so did the walkers,they were right behind us and we jumped into a small river.

"Right if I'm not back in 5 minutes run back north towards the road and get help,okay?" I spoke quickly tucking her into the branches.

She nodded,tears running down her face.I heard the moans getting closer and ran out from where I hid Emily to draw them away from her.

It worked and I pulled off a branch from a tree and stabbed them in the head each with force.

I wondered back towards the place I left Emily but she wasn't there.Maybe she had gone back to the group?

I trudged my way back up to the road side to see the group just about the come and look for us and help.

"Where's my sister?"I asked,everyone looked confused.

"She's not here?"I asked again looking back into the entrance of the woods.

"What happened?"Daryl asked.

"The walkers they were right behind us,I told her to hide under a few tree branches on a river and told her if I didn't come back in 5 minutes to come back here.I went back to see if she was there and she wasn't."

I started walking back down to the woods when I felt a hand tug me back,"we need to go,it's not safe here I'm sure she'll be fine"Shane spoke still holding me tight.

"Get off"I snarled taking his hand off me and walking down the path.Daryl and Rick followed behind me as I walked down to trance her steps.

"It was here,I left her right here"I spoke pointing to it."She couldn't have gone far,we'll find her"Rick spoke.

"She went east"Daryl spoke looking down at her tracks.
"I told her to go north towards the roadside"I whispered and rubbed my eyes to stop tears from spilling.

"I'll go back to the others and get T,Glenn and some others to come and help find her,we will find her don't worry"Rick spoke before turning and walking back to camp.

Me and Daryl started to track Emily's footprints as we waited for the others.

"I know I can't promise that your sister will be okay but we will find her,that I can promise you"Daryl spoke looking at me from the corner of his eye.

I smiled slightly at him and hesitated to hug him but did it anyway he tensed for a second before relaxing and hugging me back.

We carried on tracking her and the others soon joined,we made such progress that we covered the majority of her trail until it began to get dark and we started heading back.

That was the first night that I didn't sleep at all I could hear distant walkers and decided to go out into the woods and kill them because I was so angry with myself for not being more careful.

I grabbed my crossbow and didn't get more than 10 ft into the wood when I felt a hand pull me back.