Everything was shattered

Your P.O.V
It had been a couple weeks since Carl was shot and he was up out of his bed and walking around as if nothing happened.

Hershel must of done a great job,unfortunately Otis didn't make it when he went on a run with Shane and he died a hero or as Shane said.

I for one did not believe the bastard.We found out in the short space of a week after Carl got shot that Lori was pregnant and that she tried to have an abortion,until Rick talked her out of it.

We were happy to know that there could be life growing in such a horrible and cruel world.

We all sat around the fire it was around 7 in the morning and we were all here accept Glenn we started eating the usual beans when he came up pretty fast and grabbed Rick.

They were talking for a good 10 minutes before they came back over.
"Everyone,Glenn's found something.In the barn there's a group of walkers"he sighed rubbing the back of his neck "Now because this is Hershel's farm we can't do anything without his permission we don't want to be kicked out for obstructing his property".

"But it's walkers?What if they get out in the middle of the night and-"Amy started "No that won't happen I'm sure Hershel will take this into his own hands and sort this"Rick cut her off.

Everyone had there own opinions on this and Shane felt the need to take it a step too far and threaten to open the barn up right now even after Rick had said that Hershel doesn't want the barn to be opened.

His family are in there and he can't let them go.He hasn't killed any walkers or anything yet and he wasn't planning on doing so for the rest of this miserable world.

I don't blame him if only it were as simple as that,it's not as though they don't eat people alive and actually talk instead of growling and moaning.

Instead of obeying Hershel and Rick,Shane yet again took it upon himself to do things his way he shot open the door to the barn and walkers poured out.

We all started shooting and killing the walkers as the Greene family stood there crying for the people they once knew lying on the floor or coming towards us.

"Shane what the hell?!"Rick shouted at Shane once all of the walkers were dead.

Shane went to speak when another moan was heard from the barn we all turned towards it when I saw the small girl slowly walking out.

It was as if she was finally found and I ran towards her tears falling down my face when I felt strong arms holding me down I knew now that it wasn't Emily anymore.

I called to her and I screamed and cried but the arms just held me tighter and closer as if protecting me.

No one would kill my sister as she dawned closer to everyone.Her growls and moans were louder and I noticed the cut on her arm from a walker.

I turned my head up to see Daryl holding me and I pushed my head into his chest as I heard the bang of a gun and a small thump.

It was as if all hope was ripped from me,everything was shattered.I sat there just Daryl holding me as I felt the world spin.

I stood up pushing Daryl slightly and he stood up as well I felt dizzy and sick and when I moved my legs to walk I just collapsed.

Taking in the unbearable thought of loosing someone so close to you is something I never thought would happen I always thought I would grow old and pass before my sister.

Oh boy was I wrong,because of this terrible world nothing was guaranteed to happen or not happen.

Everything was getting too much,to think that everyone you loved was dead and then a year later you find the last of your family and a few weeks later loose her again is the worst feeling.

Why did this happen?Why wasn't I more careful and try harder to find her?

Daryl's P.O.V
She pushed me back slightly and her broken frame stood up I knew she was just going to fall but I didn't expect her to pass out.

I caught her as she fell,how cliché.Merle I'm sure would make up some crap about me lovin' this girl.
But I couldn't let anyone in this world was far too into taking rather than giving.

I carried her to the house and shouted to Hershel.
"What happened?"he spoke his voice dry.

"I think she passed out"I mumbled to him and watched as he motioned me to bring her inside.

I lay her on the bed and we waited it was only a few minutes and she woke again.She didn't do anything this time,she didn't cry she just sat there.

It scared me a little surely she should be crying?
She was trying to hold it in,I could see in her eyes as I looker at her.

"You know it's okay to cry,crying shows more courage and strength than not crying.Holding it in makes you seem strong but not feel it"I spoke.

The tears soon started flowing and once again I found myself holding her tight as if she might disappear if I let go.

Hershel left us to it and went to comfort his daughters.

"You should sleep"I spoke.

She nodded and got up,"where are you goin'?"I asked.

"To my tent"she simply spoke.

"Why don't you just stay up here for tonight?"I asked.

She shook her head "I'm fine I just need to sleep in my tent and then I'll be fine tomorrow"she spoke as if she was trying to convince herself.

"Okay"I mumbled and we walked back down to the tents and she thanked Hershel.

She walked straight to her tent and didn't come out until around 2 am I was sat at the fire when I heard her come out.

"I'm sorry I didn't thank you earlier but thank you"she smiled slightly.

"For what?"I mumbled.

"Everything".

I nodded my head at her and she went back in her tent.I thought she had gone back to bed but returned a few seconds later with a blanket.

"You must be freezing"she spoke wrapping it around both herself and me.

"I suppose".