Parting Glass

Your POV
We headed back to the others and Beth was singing.
It was beautiful and we all came together,Rick finally came down from the top yard and stood and listened as Beth sang.

"Of all the money that e'er I spent
I've spent it in good company
And all the harm that ever I did
Alas it was to none but me
And all I've done for want of wit
To memory now I can't recall
So fill to me the parting glass
Good night and joy be with you all"

She stopped for a second before Maggie joined her and they sang the rest together.

Oh, all the comrades that e'er I had
They're sorry for my going away
And all the sweethearts that e'er I had
They'd wish me one more day to stay
But since it falls unto my lot
That I should rise and you should not
I'll gently rise and softly call
Good night and joy be with you all".

"Beautiful"Hershel smiled.

"We better all turn in"Rick spoke "I'll take watch over there"he spoke moving his head in direction of where me and Daryl were kissing only a few moments ago.

"We got a big day tomorrow"Rick spoke.

"What do you mean?"Glenn asked.

"Look I know we're all exhausted...this was a great win...but we got to push just a little bit more.Most of the walkers are dressed as guards and prisoners looks like this place fell pretty early could mean that the supplies may be intact.They have an infirmary,commissary".

"An armoury?"Daryl asked.

"That will be outside the prison but not to far away,the wardens office would have info on the location and weapons,food,medicine.This place could be a gold mine."Rick finished.

"We're dangerously low on ammo"Hershel spoke "we'll run out before we make a dent".

"That's why we have to go in there...hand to hand.After all we've been through..we can handle it I know it.These assholes don't stand a chance"Rick nodded and looked at Carl.

He stood up again and walked away,and then so did Lori.

I sat down next to Carol and then Daryl sat down next to me.

*Next day*
We all got ready,me,Daryl,T,Rick, Glenn and Maggie.I had my crossbow as well as knife and gun and we went to the top court yard and began killing the walkers.

Everyone else was making as much noise as they could at the fence to kill the other walkers,within a few minutes we had cleared the top yard.

"Don't break racks!"Rick shouted at T as he ran over to get a shield obviously from the riot stash.

T used the shield to block one of the walkers,I ran up to the walker and stabbed it in the head.

"Y/N!"Rick yelled and I ran backwards so we was in a circle so no walker could come at us without one of us knowing.

"Almost there"Rick spoke and we walked in our circle towards the door.

"Shit"Rick mumbled as he looked around the corner.

He told us to have our backs against the wall,we were all breathing heavily and we heard more moans and turned to see walkers,Daryl put up his crossbow and tried shooting but it was covered in armour and the bow arrow just bounced right off.

Rick and T started killing the ones on the far side and before we could help walkers came out of the door Rick and T checked with armour on, they were riot police. I slammed my knife onto the eye protectors to try to smash it but it didn't work and so I pushed it onto the floor.

More came and I hit one over the head, it grabbed me and tried biting me and I tired holding it off, I raised my knife and stabbed it in the exposed skin..in the neck.

It fell to the floor motionless I looked up at the other and smiled "did you see that?!"I laughed.

Glenn and T killed one together and then Daryl,Maggie and Rick killed 3 more. I ran up to the other gate seeing another one and lifted it's helmet before stabbing it in the head.

We walked down the yard again "stop" Rick spoke and we turned around looking up, "well it looks secure" Glenn spoke.

"Not from the look of that court yard over there" Daryl spoke pointing to the top court "and that's a civilian" he pointed to a walker who wasn't dressed in riot gear or had a prison jumpsuit on.

"So this could mean the interior could be over run by walkers from outside the prison" T sighed.

"Well if there's walls down we can't rebuild this hole place" I spoke.

"We cant risk a blind spot" Rick spoke "we have to push in".

He started walking towards the stairs and we followed going up to a cell block. Daryl opened the door as Rick put his knife up ready to kill any walkers but there was none.

Rick put his knife down and we all walked in, I shut the door behind us and Rick pushed the gate open. We all walked down the steps to the cells it was dirty but I suppose it would do, Rick was right this is a goldmine for us.

Everyone would be wanting this, its secure and may have supplies. I looked up the guard tower and noticed that it looked like someone was up there, I nodded to Daryl and put my knife up and walked up the stairs passing Maggie who was checking out one of the gates.

I got to the top of the stairs and slammed the door open and lunged ready to kill but stopped realising whoever it was had shot himself in the head. I poked it in the chest to make sure the dead was actually dead and relaxed when it didn't move.

I looked down to see a pair of keys I quickly nabbed them and smiled to myself. I looked through the window to see Daryl looking up at me and held them up and he nodded at me.

I walked down and we unlocked the gate to the cells, being quiet Daryl walked in first with his crossbow up.

I put my crossbow up and checked each cell, Daryl and Rick checked the top floor but it seemed clear apart from the dead corpses in some of the cells.

We began clearing out, T and me were dragging the corpses out while the others killed the ones on the top floor and pushed them down to us.

Everyone else came up and started getting to their cells. Me and T finished clearing away the corpses and came back up to the cells, I got cleaned up before I decided on a cell the cells were still a bit dirty but weren't as bad as they were.

Daryl was up on the top floor just on the top step while everyone was in a cell. Beth was with Hershel, Maggie was with Glenn , Carol was sharing with Lori and Carl and was sharing with Rick.

I got a cell by myself on the end and set my bag down, I sat on the bed for a while just looking at nothing really. This was a good get for us maybe it could be a permanent fixture.