Filthy diseased world

Your POV
I stood up from my bed and walked out of my cell,"we don't have any food"Carol spoke as I walked to sit with her.

"I'll go hunting if need be"I smiled lightly.

"We'll find the supplies tomorrow most likely,we're loosing light and we need to keep strong"she spoke "want me to come with?"she asked.

"Nah it's alright I'll be back in an hour or so"I smiled.

"Be careful".

"I will be,always am"I laughed and walked down to my cell.

"Alright if I come?"I heard a voice as I got my crossbow,I turned to see Daryl.

"Sure"I smiled.

We left both with our crossbows and we went through the courtyard.We opened the gates and Carol shut it behind us, we walked for a little while through the woods not seeing anything but greens and colours of the changing leaves.

We trudged through the forest, keeping a look out for walkers and animals. It was quiet for a while, just the sound of our footsteps against the forest floor until we saw a deer just grazing by a river.

"Look" he whispered and we hid trying not to startle the animal. We put our crossbows up and aimed them at the deer's head. The deer looked up at us and Daryl put his hand slowly on mine as if to say don't shoot yet.

I looked up at him and then looked back at the deer, it still had it's head up listening. Whatever it was listening to was coming closer and the deer snapped its head up again and then ran. We quickly shot it as it ran out of sight.

"God dammit" I mumbled,

"We definitely hit it there's blood" Daryl spoke as we walked in the direction of the deer.

The drips of blood led us right to the deer and it lay on the ground barley still there. It was dying, but just slower than it would like to die.3 arrows punctured it's skin, all three through its side.

To just kill it Daryl shoved his knife through it's skull, we pulled the arrows out of the animal and Daryl through it over his back.

"It'll do for tonight" Daryl spoke and I agreed it was already getting dark.

We started heading back but instead of making it back without scratches my legs decided to get caught on a tree trunk. I fell and dragged Daryl down with me, I lay there with Daryl and I began laughing.

"Sorry"I laughed.

"You alright?".

"Yeah".

He smiled a little before standing up and throwing the deer back over his shoulder and giving me his hand to help me back up.I took his hand and in the instant I was back on my feet and right up to Daryl's face and I could feel his breath against my face.

I smiled atill holding onto his hand, I looked up and noticed he had some of the deers blood on his cheek I rubbed it off with my other hand his eyes still watching me.

I leaned in and kissed him, this time he didn't turn away but he kissed me back. I was surprised and smiled against his lips.

We pulled away and I smiled at him "we should get back"I smiled and kissed him on the cheek.I started walking infront and turned to see him still standing there just watching me."Come on"I smiled and he started walking and catching up to me.