Chapter two

Abbu, Alhaji abdulwahab Abdulhameed Abiso, a maiduguri baggara/shuwa arab, the 62year old successful businessman, 4th richest in Africa and top 50 richest in the world. He was that generous and understanding person that doesn't give up and is willing to go great lengths to please and help people. He got married to Habiba, a daughter to Barr. Nasir bugaje, a very well known lawyer in Nigeria. Of course, they loved each other so much but what bothered them the most was, ever since they got married, Habiba had never for once missed her period, they went to different consultants but the answer was the same 'Both of you are okay, its just a matter of time'

Many years passed by but nothing happened. Nothing changed, however, the couple always pray for the best to their lord for He is al Hakim, the wise. Abbu, Being the richest and eldest amongst the Abiso family, he built an economy-sized estate which was named after his family name 'Abiso' just like his other factories, companies and hotels. Almost all his relatives came back living there. There was literally everything in the estate; hospital, shops, masjid, park and even rent houses. His relatives could not thank him enough especially the needy ones.

It was the 10th year of abdulwahab and habiba's marriage when she suddenly got conceived. All praise be to Allah, Abdulwahab, habiba and their both families joy knew no bounds. Habiba delivered a baby boy who was later named after abbu's late father, Abdulhameed.

From then, they never got another child but they were happy, so happy with the only one Allah has blessed them with. Abdulhameed was brought up with good morals, Alhamdulillah, all thanks to his parents and relatives. He was loved dearly by everybody and given anything he wished for, in a blink of an eye.

He was only 17years old, when his mother, Habiba, died in a car accident, on a fateful Friday. It was such a great lost of a great mother, great wife, great daughter and a great sister. Hameed was crushed with grief, he could barely eat, talk, smile or sleep. He built walls around him, forbidding anyone to enter them, he pushed everybody away, he didn't want to see anyone. It was the same with Abbu but he couldn't endure seeing his only child in such pain, it was unbearable. He made a vow to make Hameed come back to his old usual happy self, albeit he knew very well that it'd be utterly difficult but he put in mind that nothing is impossible to Allah.

It took abbu five good years to make hameed get a grip on himself. Of course, with the help of dua's, therapist, usman abiso his best friend and closest cousin, who is Aunty basma abiso's first son, abbu's younger sister. And mama mariyah abiso, Abbu's immediate sister, who was like a mother to hameed. With these four people, Alhamdulillah, hameed was finally able to cope with his life, it was so hard tho.

He'd always been fascinated by Abbu. So he decided to major on Business, praying he could be like his great father, one day. He successfully finished his studies in the states and came back to his homeland.

It was when he started running some of his father's businesses. Abbu realized his son had no suitor and was of an age to marry.

He spoke with mama mariyah about the matter but she insisted he should talk to him himself. He'd contemplated but later thought Allah has blessed him with wealth, health, peace with people and his family, Alhamdulillah, all he needed was a grandchild. He wasn't getting any younger, you plan and Allah the best of planner plans, he was aging and anything could happen at anytime. 

"My son, we have an important issue to discuss" Abbu said after calling Hameed into his parlor.

Hameed nodded "Okay abbu"

"Its about you.." Abbu started while hameed's heart gave a little bang "Its high time you get settled, don't you think?"

Hameed couldn't utter a word, he blankly stared at the soft plushy carpet that adorned the floor of abbu's living room.