Chapter four

"Sabeer! Sabeer!" Abbu called and knocked the driver's window.

The uniformed driver that was sleeping in the car quickly opened the door and answered "Yes sir"

"What happened?" Abbu placed his hand on his forehead, obviously baffled.

The driver opened the back door and abbu hastily hopped in before he asked again "Did you see falmata outside here? She's nowhere in sight, in fact there's nobody inside the house"

Sabeer, the driver, nervously scratched the back of his head "No sir, i kind of dozed off"

"Hmm... Something must be fishy" Abbu rolled down his window and looked around the house "I dozed off too after taking a drink"

Sabeer gasped "A maid brought me a drink too and i also drank it"

"Innalillah wa innailaihirraj'un (To Allah we belong and to Him we shall return)" Abbu uttered and shook his head "She drugged us, Falmata drugged us, I can't believe she did this to me, i trusted her. Ya Allah!"

"Hajiya falmata?" Sabeer's eyes were already popped out "Are you sure sir?"

Abbu nodded "That means the both of us slept for almost two hours, I'm sure she did something vicious after drugging us and immediately ran away, subhanallah! What did she do? What have I done to her?"

"Sir, we shall find out later but i don't think this place is safe for us" Sabeer said, agitated.

"Lets leave now" Abbu ordered, millions thoughts running into his crowded mind.

Flashback

A month ago.

'Wind was swaying tranquilly as birds heedlessly sing. The sun wasn't harsh but rather cool. It was one of those times, abbu loves so much. He'd sit mostly during the weekends, in the garden and think aimlessly, about everything and nothing.

As always, he decided to sit under the gazebo all alone with his thoughts. He was surprised when he heard he'd a visitor for he wasn't expecting one, especially on weekends when he just hangs around with his family.

"Dr. kabiru!" Abbu said in utter surprise, once he saw the visitor.

"Alhaji abdulwahab" Dr. kabiru grinned and extended his hand to which abbu gladly shook.

"Ashe rai kanka rai alhaji abdulwahab, its been four good years since i set my eyes on you"

"Allah sarki Dr. kabiru, Where have you been?" Abbu questioned, after ordering the house help to bring some refreshments.