Chapter twenty five

Fatima

Uttering my morning azkar, i hopped out of my bed and slipped into my plush slippers before gliding into the bathroom.

I looked at the clean bathroom mirror and smiled to myself. Why? Only God knows. I was just happy. Alhamdulillah. 

I quickly brushed my teeth, walked out of the bathroom, put on my turban cap and skipped downstairs into the kitchen to eat my breakfast.

I loved our temporary new home. We had moved out of abiso estate since last two weeks. I loved everything about the house even tho our actual house is 5x bigger than it. It was a storey building with 4bedrooms and 1 living room  upstairs; and 3bedrooms, 3 living rooms, a kitchen and dinning area downstairs. There was a backyard too.

Some of the maids which mama mariyah insisted we should move out with, greeted me. I greeted back before diving into my breakfast. A couple of mice had been parading in my stomach since i woke up.

Shorty after, i was done with my breakfast and was now back to my bedroom.

I hated it that i literally had no place to go. Khairi was in school and Hameed had gone to office. How i wish saf and mirah could help my poor soul and come over.

I sighed in frustration before leaning my back against the massive headboard but the peace inside the room didn't last long as my phone started ringing.

Hameed? Why was he calling me?

"Salamu alaikum" I heard his charming voice.

"Wa alaikumussalam" I replied after composing myself.

"How are you?" He asked.

"Tamam alhamdulillah, you?"

"Same Alhamdulillah"

"And office? Wait why did you call?.. i mean you don't use to call me when you go out.. okay i sound so stupid" I muttered the last part.

I heard his soft chuckle before he uttered "Can you drive?"

"What?"

"Can you drive?"

"Ye.. Yes i can, why?" I asked, confused.

"I forgot a file at home and i need it urgently now"

"Oh" I said, so disappointed that he didn't call to enquire about my wellbeing.

"I asked David to go and bring it to me but he's stuck in a hold up"

"So..?" I raised my eyebrows even tho' he couldn't see me.

"Can you bring it to me since you can drive?"

"Please" He added in a sweet voice.

"Okay" I sighed "But I haven't even taken my bath"

"Okay but make sure you're here in at least 30 to 40mins"

"Alright"

"There're car keys on my side bed, take any and come, drive safely" He said and hung up.