Chapter Twenty one

laylerh Thanks for the help darling. I really do appreciate❤️

Drawing in a deep breathe, i knocked on uncle musa's door with a palpitating heart.

Early in the morning today, i was woken up by his call. He said we needed to talk and i should meet him in his office. As much as i didn't want to freak out, I couldn't help it. Why? Because he's never called since my wedding and that patently means the game's going to start now.

"Come in" He ordered.

"Assalamu alaikum" I said, pushing the door open.

"Wa alaikumussalam, come and take a seat" He gestured me towards the swivel chair in front of his large oak desk.

Obeying him, i sat on the chair "How are you doing? Wa Kefal khidime? (And how's work?)"

"Fine Alhamdulillah, How is your marriage life going?" He asked with his fingers entwined on his desk. It came more like a mockery.

Swallowing my unsaid nasty words, I plastered a smile on my face "Great!"

"I'm glad to hear that" He leaned back in his chair "I think we should get to the point, shall we?"

I swallowed hard, trying hard to mask my edginess "We shall"

"Its already 6 months already. Time really do flies!" He huffed out an air playing with a pen "Do you think he trust you?"

I was silent for a moment before i verbalized "Maybe..?"

"Ta'akkadi min jawabek (You should be sure of your answer)" He said sternly "Do you think abdulhameed trust you?"

"Yes!"

"Very good, we can only get down to business now" He smiled.

"Why?" I clenched my teeth "What did he do to you?"

"You will know my dear, no need for haste" He leaned his elbows on his desk, steepled his fingers and rested his chin on the top.

"I don't know whatsoever they'd done to you but from the little time i've spent with them... i know that abdulhameed and his father are so innocent and they don't deserve all this" I was trying hard to keep my cool.

"You can't be so sure" He knitted an eyebrow and leaned forward "Lets get to the point, first off, we need the abiso estate documents.. Alhaji abdulwahab might have commended it to his beloved son, i want you to bring it to me"

"Abiso estate? Bikanal aaishe fiya dagut? (the place I'm currently living in?)" I asked. To say i was shocked would be an understatement. Yes! The documents are with hameed. On one of those few days i'd paid Abbu a visit, i could clearly remember him speaking to him about it on the phone.

"Of course" Uncle answered with a flinty face.

I stared at him in utter disbelief "Da mustahil (Thats impossible)"

"You are going to make it possible" He raised his eyebrows "You should know the way to bring it here"

"You make it sound as if that would be a piece of cake" I shook my head unbelievably "We are talking about the abiso estate here, a place very important and priceless to abdulhameed's father.. I'm not trying to disrespect you or anything but why did you choose to play a game like this with a very powerful and influential man like alhaji abdulwahab? The person that can literally destroy all of us with a snap of his fingers" I reasoned.