Chapter nineteen

Beautiful Mirah up there👆🏾👆🏾👆🏾

"The dog ran after the poor cat"

I gasped "And what happened after that?"

Khairi was telling me about a story of a little cat and a dog their teacher told them while i was getting ready.

"The cat got on a tree but couldn't get down, she got stuck there"

"Eyyah, how did she get down then? And what about the dog?" I asked, clasping my silver necklace around my neck.

"He kept barking and trying to get on the tree but after some minutes he got tired and left the place.. the cat was stuck up there for two hours until a man that was passing by heard her meowing piteously, he helped her got down and gave her milk to drink"

"Mashaa Allah.. he's such a good man and it should be a lesson to us... you should always be nice and humble, do good and good shall come to you... you see there was a woman who entered Hell because of a cat which she brackets to death. She's going to hell because of it. She did not give him food, and drink when locked. She did not also let him eat the insect world... it shows lack of compassion in her heart. This woman entered Hell because she was the cause of death of a cat"

Khairi gasped with widened eyes "She's a bad woman"

"I know right? And there's another story of an adulterer a woman who used to commit zina... She passed by a dog panting near a well. Seeing that thirst had nearly killed him, she took off her shoe, tied it to her scarf, and drew up some water. Allah, the most merciful, forgave her for that." 

"It is such a serious matter that one could gain Heaven or Hell due to his treatment of animals. Mistreating animals is considered a major sin in Islam"

"Wow!" She cooed "I want a cat, I want to take care of it... but dada said he won't get me one" She pouted cutely.

"Why?"

She just shrugged her tiny shoulders.

"Well.. we have many cute cats at home, i will get you one when we get there now" I whispered and we high five-d, chuckling.

"Are we having a party?" Hameed walked into my bedroom, fastening his kaftan sleeves links. Of course, looking handsome.. as always.

"We're having our mummy & daughter time" I beamed.

He smiled "Oh, i see.. i guess you two are set"

"Yes, we're"

"Yalla, lets go then"

I put on a matching veil over my ankara crop top dress, took my Charles and Keith handbag and we walked downstairs together.