Chapter Fifteen

Innalillahi wa innailaihirraji'un (To Allah we belong and to Him we shall return) a very good friend of mine lost her mother yesterday AmirahJulde Every soul shall have a taste of death and Indeed! Whatever Allah ta'alah gives or takes belongs to him and everything is predestined by Him. May Allah have mercy on her soul and may He give you patience Amirah. Allah yasa aljannah ce makomarta.. in tamu mutuwar tazo Allah yasa mu cika da kyau da imani.. Ameen..

Just like everyday.. i didn't have anything to do, so I decided to watch a Mexican series on Telemundo, beautiful but unlucky. I was so engrossed in the series that I almost hissed when my phone suddenly started ringing.

Groaning, i reached for it. The number was unknown and obviously not from Nigeria, so I decided to ignore it and go back to the thing i was watching.

It started ringing again, interrupting me. Only my family from Nigeria know the number.

'Who could possibly be this person?' I silently thought to myself.

The phone stopped ringing and not even a minute later it started ringing again. Grunting irritatingly, i slid the answer button.

"Assalamu alaikum" I said rolling my eyes.

"Wa alaikumussalam umm' khairi"

"Hey.. its.. you" I stammered. How stupid of me! I should've guessed its him earlier.

"Where were you? I have been calling but you weren't picking" He said his voice authoritative.

"I didn't know it was you" I replied a little embarrassed. Who doesn't have her husband's number? Well.. it wasn't at all my fault, was it?

I heard him sigh before he spoke "How are you?"

"Kwayesa Alhamdulillah"

"Do you need anything?" He asked and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. Why the sudden questions malam?

"No, thank you" I said politely.

"There's a gala dinner tonight, a business get together" He announced.

"Okay..." I dragged not knowing what was that has to do with me.

"You're going to be my date" He said and i smiled mischievously as i thought of something.

"No" I said.

"No what?" He asked perplexed.

"That's not the way to ask a girl out.. You supposed to ask me nervously if i'd be free tonight or if i can be your date then I would say I would think about it and later give you an answer.. you know use nicer word oh! Even a great pickup line would do"