1998 Toby

short chapter for your Franco needs.

-----------------------

"James, can you help me with the groceries?" Cassie asked, lugging in four bags worth of groceries. James jogged over to the door, and grabbed all four of the bags of groceries from her hand, dumping them onto the floor.

"-that's not how you unload groceries." She scoffed. 

"I have a surprise." He responded, closing the door behind her and taking her hand. He led her to their living room. 

"What's the surprise?" She asked with a light, nervous, laugh. 

"Look closely." He told her. She shook her head, looking around the room to see if anything was off. She shrugged, looking back at him. He rolled his eyes before continuing. "The couch." He told her. She looked at the couch for a few seconds before noticing the small orange and white fur ball, sitting on the couch.

"Oh my god!" She exclaimed running towards the small kitten. "He's so cute." She hummed, picking him up. "Wait- is it a girl or a boy?" She asked, looking back over at her best friend. 

"A boy." He replied. 

"So- whose is he?" She giggled. "You're so cute." She sang to the kitten, treating him like a baby. 

"Ours." He replied. She stopped bouncing the animal up and down, before turning to him. The smile left her face, as she realized what was going on. 

"You got us a cat?" She asked. Their landlord was pretty clear when he said he didn't allow pets, and Cassie was a bit of a rule follower. 

"Yes, and I know what you're going to say-"

"He's cute but James-" She shook her head. 

"Look- I thought about it. We can just sneak him in and out of here, and say that he's just a friends if we ever get caught." James stated. 

"James-" She tried to start before he cut her off. He took the kitten from her hands and began to pet her. 

"I just saw him through a shop window, when I was getting lunch and I felt like I had to get him." He replied. "Just- look at his face." He stated, holding the kitten next to his face. She looked at the small cat, trying her best not to cave. She noticed her deep blue eyes, and couldn't stop herself from cooing.

"Fine." She replied, taking him back in her hands. "What's his name." She asked. 

"Not sure." He replied. "I figured you'd be the better person for the job." She smiled at her friend, before taking a good look at the kitten. 

"Toby." She smiled. 

"Like my old cat?" He asked.

"Precisely." She responded. "Kind of looks like him, don't you think?" She asked. James smiled, not at the cat but at the brunette girl standing in front of him. Only she, his best friend, would remember a cat he had when he was 7 years old. 

"You're right." 

"So- Toby it is then?" She asked. He got closer to the two, now petting the orange and white fur that was in Cassie's arms.  

"Toby it is."
-------------------------------------------------

GUYS I AM VERY EXCITED. The actual story is going to start around next chapter, and then from 1999 to 2006 it'll just be a build up of certain conflicts. In my chapters for 2006 the whole year by year thing is going to stop as there's going to be a lot taking place within that year a long with 2007- I think. Anyways, all of what was leading up to now was honestly just a preface and back story for Cassie, and James's relationship- so buckle up because shit is about to get wild. (not too wild though because cheesy, overly- dramatic wattpad stories are terrible)