1999 Vegas, Baby

Sorry I haven't posted in weeks. I've been busy with college applications and helping out at homeless shelters and stuff trying to better the community. Unfortunately that left me little time to think of what to write. I can't promise I'll have a chapter up next week but I think I should within the next two. Thanks for continuing to read

---------------------------------------

I'd been dating Ashton for the past few months, and honestly he's the best boyfriend i've ever had. He'd take me out to fancy dinners, events, and would even surprise me on set once in a while. We have yet to use the L word, but I liked him a lot. "So- your birthday is next week." Ashton hummed with a smile. "Any plans?" He asked.

"Nope. Well- James and I always watch 80s movies so-" I went on, taking a sip of my coffee. Maybe it were a little strange that I were talking to my boyfriend about spending my birthday with another guy, but it was James and he knew how important he was. I hoped. "But you and I could go to dinner before if you'd like." I asked trying to ease any bit of tension that may have been there. He looks me in the eye suspiciously.

"How about I do you one better." He grins, before pulling out an envelope out of his pocket. He hands it to me, as my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Open it." He gestured. I opened up the envelope pulling out stacks of peices of paper. My eyes scanned the pieces of paper and I realized they were plane tickets. "We're going to Vegas, baby!" He exclaimed, causing multiple peoples heads to turn around. I blushed at the extra but of attention we were getting, looking up from the tickets.

"Vegas?" I asked quietly.

"You only turn 21 once. Okay, we are going all out. I bought 8 plane tickets, I already asked your friends." He said excitedly. I was more than excited too, except that since I was a kid every birthday had been spent the same. I loved her low- key birthday movie marathon and I knew James did too. I couldn't miss out on their tradition, could I?

"James-" I started started.

"2 of those tickets are for James and his girlfriend." He pointed out.

"Really?"

"Really." Maybe I didn't have to miss out on their birthday tradition after all. Now I could smile. I could smile at the fact that I had the sweetest boyfriend ever who really thought about me.

"We're going to Vegas." I said again in an excited manner as if i couldn't believe it. I looked down at the tickets once more before shaking my head. These must've been expensive. They weren't just regular coach tickets either, they were first class. Yet, he payed for all eight of them. "You shouldn't have bought eight plane tickets just for my birthday. I'll pay you back."

"No- no. This is my gift to you. All you need to do is show up, and have an amazing time." He assured me. I raised my eyebrows at him looking back down at the tickets. All eight of them. I wanted to feel grateful, and I did- but it's still a lot. Had he payed for everyone's hotel room, too? "If it makes you feel any better I had a lot of airplane miles left from modeling so it didn't cost me as much as you'd think." He rushed, scratching the back of his neck probably noticing my hesitance. Although, that statement did make me feel a whole lot better.

"You're the best." I smiled.

"I know."

----------------------------------

"James Edward Franco!" I called walking into our apartment.

"Why the full name?" He asked as I approached the living room. I stopped by the couch looking at the brunette reading with Toby. I grinned before reaching into my purse and pulling out the envelope Ashton had given me.

"I've got a surprise for you." I hummed holding them up for him to see.

"What is it?" He asked curiously eyeing the manilla envelope in my hand.

"Tickets." I stated simply biting my lip.

"To-?"

"Vegas!"

"Vegas?" He asked. I nodded my head eagerly. "That's awesome!" He exclaimed.

"I know. Ashton bought us tickets to Vegas! For my birthday. Isn't he so sweet?" At the mention of Ashton I noticed a shift in his attitude, but I decided to ignore it.

"The sweetest." He said almost sarcastically. James and Ashton had only met, or said "hi", to each other once or twice, but they hadn't really gotten the chance to really bond. I liked Ashton more than I had ever liked anyone, and James was my best friend. I just couldn't help but think that maybe this could be a bonding trip.

"What's with the change of attitude, Mr. Grumpy?" I pouted sitting down on the love seat. He looked at me with a certain intensity for a few seconds that I couldn't quite read. He seemed to snap out of it though and looked down at Toby, who had grown drastically since we first got him.

"Nothing I just- could've bought my own ticket." He shrugged petting the cat. I sighed loudly and dramatically before leaning forward.

"J, don't be so prideful. It was a gift and my boyfriend just wanted to make sure my best friend was there with me for my birthday." I explained. "We're gonna have fun." He looked back up at me, eyes softening before speaking.

"Okay. Okay, i'll call Marla." He stated standing up, and walking towards his room.

This trip was going to be exactly what we needed. James could get to know Ash, and maybe I would make the decision to share something with Ashton I never had before. All my life I had been saving a certain something for someone that I loved, and I really feel that Ashton could possibly be that someone. This trip would help me figure that out, but oddly I felt like I needed J to be my voice of reason. He knows me better than I know myself, so maybe he could help me figure this all out. Figure out if I'm ready to take the next step.

------------------

FOLLOW, VOTE AND COMMENT!