Chapter 11 - Guilt and Problems

Witch luck

Chapter 11: Guilt and Problems

 »«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«

(Blake)

I saw them sitting there, Max was holding on to Mekare. I was confused, one second he hated her and then the next second he did this. What was going on, why was she crying? My thoughts jumbled at the sight of them. Should I peek in and see, but it seemed like she was crying for a long time.

I frowned, she doesn’t deserve unkind treatment, but why do I feel as if something had been done right. This was only the beginning of something small, which will grow on later I presumed.

I saw her calm down, and I smiled. She looked fine to me seems like I shouldn’t worry so much, there was a slight fluttering in my chest. I wonder why, suddenly I wasn’t feeling so well at the sight of them together.

“Blake where are you?” I heard Meghan upstairs and I didn’t want the two to know, I was eavesdropping or watching them.

So I glanced at her once more, the fear and sadness swirling in her eyes. I felt a heavy weight clawing at my heart. Moreover, went back upstairs again.

(Mekare)

It took me three days, to understand what happened or to process it, and I was still embarrassed. I wasn’t sure how to act that night, when I finally decided to go back up to my room after that fiasco. My legs were like jelly, I was moving slowly, I was held by the arm by Max, and I flushed. It was weird enough he was being nice but this wasn’t the time to reveal to him what was going on.

No, I wouldn’t tell him even if my life depended on it or his. It was risky I would rather protect everyone when they didn’t know. Or else they would never believe me and get in the way again. That is what worried me so much and I felt more anxious.

“Thank you” I whispered and removed his hand away from me “I’m fine, you should go back they might be worrying about you” I replied and without waiting for his answer I went back to my room.

Moreover, here we are, in the dining room having breakfast. I felt a flush creep up whenever I caught Max’s eyes. Which bore into my face as hard as ice, he was worried I could tell more than that, but also angry. I left him more curious, curse my stupidity, he knew I was ignoring him and he didn’t like it.

Moreover, my school days have been as hectic as ever. More like terrible, that's all I can say, totally disastrous. I was picked on continuously, didn't matter if I was the twin of Medea. But she did things that even a normal sibling wouldn’t do, she was horrible and infuriating. I couldn't help her from what she always did or does, and neither could my parents or brother.

It was two years ago that I found out what my sister was doing, what had become of Medea without realising. It’s getting warmer I thought when I recalled the events, she was possessed. That's all I remember, and it happened to be the guy who I kept seeing, or who keeps coming back to me as if I was calling him. When I wasn't, I never knew what he wanted, but he took every inch of Medea and turned her against me. He had abused her and used her in front of me, making me angrier by the minute. What I never wanted to believe had come true for me. I believe in witch magic I really do, after that incident how could I not.

Meghan had been right, our family history were many things. And soothsayers were one of them however, what she didn’t know was that only a few had passed down this sorcery. Because my family intermixed with outside their respective circle, this is why my grandparents were not too sure, which of us kids had managed to inherit this little ability. I could say it was me, but Medea has also inherited half I presume, and if she didn’t. I was sure someone else in the family did. Because this time, our generation were to be the last, but there was a curse with us.