Chapter 16 - Harder to breathe

Witch luck!

Chapter 16 – Harder to breathe

»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«

I looked at the boy who was on the floor and I felt my heart beat slowing down. I didn't know whether to scream, or just sit there. It was deathly quiet; this place had no windows, but an endless lane of darkness overlooking nothing I presumed.

So I gulped and breathed and went over to the body, I was surprised to see all the blood. It felt like I was back at the beginning of my dream again, the one I had in class. It never really helped me understand, what happened that day but it just made me want to hurl a bit. I gagged I hated the scent of blood, it made me sick, and I was crying again. I wiped my mouth once more and slid to the boy.

"I guess you found him, well done on your answer Mekare." Kye said and I felt my anger soar.

"Show your face now, you coward." I screamed I hated him more and more.

"Why, It's not like you could do anything Mekare" and he laughed

"Screw you Kye, if I ever get out of this hell alive, I will show you what real pain is." I gritted my teeth in anger.

"Pain, you wouldn't even know what real pain is if you were in my shoes little girl." He lashed out and I felt a saddening chill down my spine, it might be true what he just said. Because I do not know what he went through, what he even is. But all I knew was I wanted to get out.

When there was silence, I knew he left me alone again. I started to touch the boys face, so pale, I thought. I reached for his neck and I felt the pulse, slow but steady. And I had the weirdest sensation in my body, I felt relived and through my tears I smiled. I brushed the boys long black hair away from his face, as smoothly as I can.

"Don't worry, I will get you guys out, I promised and I don’t break promises” I whispered through my tears, and to my surprise I saw the boy twitch. In addition, I fumbled holding his head and laying it on my knees. I brushed his hair a bit more and saw him slowly open his eyes, I gasped in relief.

"Hey, are you ok please talk." I mumbled, he looked ok at first, but now only he looked like he was going to die.

"Y-you said you would help, was that a lie?" He breathed and I stared at him with his striking amber eyes, it was twinkling I saw he was struggling.

"Yes I did, please you have to stop talking and rest." I breathed talking effects people more.

"I’m fine" he growled, and he closed his eyes for a second and my heart skipped a beat.

"Please stay awake." I was nearly shook him, until he opened his eyes and smiled and I felt the relief once more.

That’s when I heard the laughter once more, and I felt the bile rise in my throat. I was so angry but the stench that was coming towards us, made me feel even more disgusted. I looked towards the emptiness, and found a were-lynx with crazy eyes coming towards us. And the bad thing was I couldn't move Reo at all, so I dodged out of the way.

"Dearest Mekare” the voice bellowed “If you want him alive he must defeat my brother and believe me he is tough” I heard Kye laugh and I was running into nothing now, it was all dark.

"Grrr" I was frustrated. I didn't know what to do.

"How will you defeat it Mekare? With no fear and no answer to your questions, do you know how you can defeat it?" Kye whispered happily

"There are more answers in the dark than you know Kye, and I will defeat it just watch me!" I declared with determination, but I knew it was a wrong move since the were-lynx just knocked me down.