Chapter 13 - Downtown

Witch luck!

Chapter 13 – Downtown

»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«

It was as I was hovering Meghan’s room, finally clicked in my head what was going on. Chores they were a big deal around the Johansson household, not because there were so many of them. It was because there were so few. Thanks to Keira and Roy the gardener, there wasn't a whole left to do for us kids. when I mean kids it included me, Medea and Meghan and Max, the Four M and M's. Oh, thinking about it is making me drool.

But of course aunt Eva and uncle Ted still believed as strongly, as my parents did that children needed to learn responsibility. Therefore, a few days later after the incident with Jake, which still sent shivers down my spine now and again they decided to give us what we didn’t want to hear. However with Jake, it never seemed to end; I thought his niceness and his comments. I felt troubled by them, only he never noticed and reverted back to the asshole he was. Once my bruises healed, there had been discussions as to what my ‘chore’ would be.

"She can have my job" Meghan had declared.

We were eating the Pirojki and Dolma, uncle Ted had cooked. Boy was he amazing. I helped out with the cutting but I regretted it. And I had a feeling uncle Ted did too, after I managed to slice my finger rather than the vegetables, and pour hot water on my feet. I knew I was a disaster but that definitely convinced uncle Ted, I was a curse in the kitchen.

"I'm in charge of cleaning the cats litter and vacuuming, which by the way is too disgusting for me to do, so like you can have it" Meghan proceeded as she shoved more soup in her mouth. For a person who stopped eating meat, so forth, and wanted to skip dinner tonight, was missing this exquisite food.

Unfortunately, Meghan decided this morning she would go on a diet, and had forced Keira more like threatened her. To not prepare her fattening foods, and it looked to me she was regretting what she said in the first place. Which tugged a little smile out of me in satisfaction, the way she was gazing at my meat, was indication she missed it badly.

"I don't know why I bother cleaning out the cat box and vacuuming, you know I’m allergic to dust and that cat!” She announced casually, but I saw her recoil speaking about Mustard. She really did love the cat, even if she was allergic to it.

Aunt Eva stared at her darkly “Because you're the one who wanted a cat, we didn’t know you were allergic until we got it" she pointed out." You told us you would take full responsibility for him even if you were allergic” she growled frustrated. I would be too if she was my daughter, Meghan had a tendency to be spoilt.

Meghan rolled her eyes; so far, up I actually thought she had no eyes at all. “That cat” she said. "Is the most ungrateful animal I've ever seen, he sleeps with Max even though I'm the one who feeds him and cleans his box" she explained bitterly, deep down I bet she truly wanted to be with that cat. It was so easy to figure out this girl.

"Well if you didn't shout at him or trap him outside, maybe he could have reconsidered sleeping with you!” Max spoke with his mouth full which made Meghan and Medea grimace in disgust. Boys will be boys I thought; at least he didn’t spit it out. I glanced at Max for a second and gaped at him, we hadn’t spoken properly after I revealed our little secret. He saw me looking at him, so I turned my head away so fast I heard the snap in my neck. I groaned inwardly, that was painful.

"Dude, shut your mouth no one wants to see the inside" I replied looking away, unfortunately disgusting things don't make my stomach churn, in fact it makes me laugh.