Chapter 4 : Trouble In Brazil!

It was about 7:43 pm and we were all heading off to a bar. We had checked into a hot and Josiah just got back with James from shopping at the mall at the airport for clothes and food.
"I can't wait. I haven't had a beer since new year. That was about four months ago." Josh laughed.
"Are you serious?!" Josh asked. I nodded. As James and Josiah came into the hotel room, we all left and want to the nearest bar. When Cameron got up to get the drinks, we all started saying what we thought about him.
"He's odd," said Josh.
"He's creepy," said Joseph.
"He's weird," said Josiah. James came back with a note.
"The bar man just gave me this. It's a note addressed to you Michael," said James. The note read:

Dear Michael Evans and friends,

I am inviting you to the opening of my latest invention. It will be at the National Science Museum on the 3rd of May 2016. I hope you attend the event for I will be very disappointed with you if you don't.

Yours truly

Anonymous

I sat in confusion. Cameron came back with the drinks.
"Here you are lads, a pint of wine for all of us. What did I miss?" Cameron asked.
"James just gave us this note from someone who's being watching us obviously. We're going to head over and see what he wants," I said.
"Ok." Cameron agreed to coming with us.
"Before we go. Josh give me the orange gem," I demanded.
"What's that?" Asked Cameron.
"Just hold it!" I said. Cameron did as he was told. He held the orange gem and an orange light shone through the bar.
"We're learning ourselves but you've been given the power of electric. Use it for good not evil. I hold the power of water. Josh holds the power of earth. Josiah holds the power of wind. Joseph holds the power of fire. Sadly James has no power. The power can not be passed on unless the holder dies." I explained the rules of using the gem to Cameron. When I was done we set off to the Science Museum.

34 minutes later

We had arrived at the National Science Museum and only the professor was there.
"Hi there, I'm Professor Flam. I hope you enjoy the event for it took me over four weeks to build it. If you have any questions about the invention then ask away.....hang on a minute. What's that hanging around your necks? Where did you get those gems?!" This Professor was mad as hell. I lied to him by saying,
"We got them a jewelry store at the airport, why?" The Professor was curious. He knew I was lying.
"Because I need you to put them on this tray. Trust me, you'll get them back." The Professor sounded crazy but we did it anyway. All five gems were on the tray. The Professor pulled a sheet of a big lump revealing a machine. He put the tray in a hole on the side. He slid it in the gap and pressed a few buttons. There was electric sparks and loud noises and then it stopped. He pulled the tray out and gave us back our gems. On a conveyor belt came a big gem. What we didn't know was that all of our powers were combined in that gem. The mad Professor took the gem and held it in his hand. A massive light made from the five colours shone through out the museum. He had all the powers and transformed into a flying, green, watery demon. Suddenly, he shot a fireball at Josh. It sent him flying into shelves. When he landed, a pole fell and impaled him.
"Hahaha. Thanks to you stupid people I am now more powerful than anyone. Hahaha!" The Professor sounded like the mummy from the movie 'The Mummy'. He shot another fire ball at the ceiling and flew away.
"We can't let him get away!" James said. Josh was bleeding.
"AHHHHHHHHHHH!" Josh screamed. He was dying.
"Oh my gosh. No not now!" I said to myself. The blood dripped from his body as his eyes shut. He said with his last dying breathe,
"I'll be with God, in heaven." Josh was dead. Suddenly out of nowhere, a spirit appeared. It was Josh.
"Hey listen, I may be dead but you can still hear me. Take your gem, hold it in your hand and say 'gem activate'. It will turn you into heroes. And James, hold onto the green gem and do the same. You will be the owner now. I will watch over you on heaven. I must go now," Josh said faintly. As he walked off into a light, the Professor came back, opened his mouth as wide as he could and ate Josh's spirt. What we witnessed was not what we wanted to witness. We did as Josh said. We said stood still with our gems in our hands, James now holding onto the green gem. We said together,
"Gem Activate!" There was a big flash. We had transformed into heroes. Now it was time for a battle.