Chapter 15: Man Down!

The plan was simple. We arrive at the Professor's hideout and walk on through the front door. Yes there would be guards but they can't kill James without the order. We was already outside. There was fifteen guards outside. They was either making sure we don't get in to save James or they were hiding something. Something like a weapon. I don't know what be we are finding out. Taking out the guards was simple.  One big fireball from Joseph. I think these demons are not that smart. I know that these demons are nit that smart because we yelled fire and they did nothing. Are they deaf? I don't know? Josiah and Cameron waired outside. They didnt want to go indide. The rest of us went to find James. The door was open. We walked inside like we own the place. No one was around. This was fishy. We turned a corner and we saw James. He was laying on the ground with shackles around his wrists and ankles. He was bleeding on his head. A knife was jammed into his left arm. His arm was plastered with blood. His false arm was broken. His chest had a massive cut. His shoes was covered on oil. I guess they had the idea of burning him from his feet to his head. His legs was bleeding. James was in bad conditions. I went on my radio in my helmet. I needed to contact Cameronand Josiah.
"Cameron! Josiah! We have a man down! I repeat! James is down!" I said.
"We're coming in!" Cameron said. In less that three seconds they were with us. James was breathing badly. He was unconscious, again.
"Give him here. I'll fly him to a hospital. You guys will have yo meet me there. We need to hurry!" Cameron said. I could tell he worried. I was too. We put James' arm around Cameron's neck as he lifted him up.
"I'm out of here. I'll see you soon!" Said Cameron.

57 minutes later

Josiah, Joseph and I ran and ran to the hospital. We ran as fast as we could. Once again, James was in the hospital. When we reached the doors we walked in casually. We went to the reception desk and spoke to the lady.
"Excuse me. Can you help us? We're looking for our friend James Rock. He should have been brought here about fourty five minutes ago," I said as I tried to cathedral my breathe.
"Ah yes. He was brought roughly fourty five minutes ago. Do you wish to see him?" The receptionist asked.
"If that is not a problem then yes. We would like to see him." I needed to know he was ok. Alive at least.
"Just down the hall and to your left," the receptionist said.
"Thanks so much," I replied. The three of us went down the hall to the left. When we opened the doors we saw Cameron sitting on a chair outside. We walked up to him and he looked upset.
"How is he?" I asked. Cameron stood up. I could see he had a tear in his eye.
"The doctor said he's in critical condition. He has a 45% chance if surviving. They also said if needs a other operation then....." I had to cut Camerony off.
"He's already had an operation! When?" I had to know.
'He got out of the operation ten minutes before you came. Anyway, they said if he needs to have another one then it could be fatal," Cameron tried saying it without crying. None of us could concentrate knowing our friend's life is on the line. I felt guilt because I felt like I should have went to Moscow instead of James. It was between us choosing. Josiah felt guilty because he was there when it happened. We all we to the waiting room and nervously waited for a doctor to cone with news. A of a sudden I got a phone call off if one of the agents who work with us at re base.
"Sir. It's important." Said the Agent.
"Well get on with it then!" I said.
"The Professor had escaped the cell. His army of demons came and attacked the base. The broke him free and now he's looking for you. Not the others but you. And he knows that James is on hospital so he's also looking for James so he can kill him. Make sure James is safe!" The agent had said enough. I hung the phone up. This was a bad day for all of us and we didn't need the Professor escaping and hunting me and James down. If it's ad fight he wants, it's a fight he's going to get!