04. The Proposal

~Not Edited~

Ella stared out into nothingness, blankness and complete darkness, metaphorically speaking. She was staring out into the tall creeping meadow that portrayed her entire backyard. Aye, it was dark, creepy but it was beautiful. With the moon's light wavering beneath the smoky clouds, the wind's soft music and an owl making itself known once in a while, not so far in the nearby forest, the night was beautiful. Sadly, though.

Ella was still stunned at the not-so-long-ago announcement. The announcement of 'Miss Ella Pearson', who happens to be her, as the Duke's fiancé.

No. I must've just heard wrong. It must've been Miss Naomi Pearson and not me. She thought. Yes, that's right. It's Naomi and not me. He's just got the names mixed up, that's all. Right?

No matter how hard Ella tried to deny what she clearly heard as her name announced as Amos's lucky lady, a little voice in her mind told her otherwise.

He said your name. You heard it loud and clear. Don't deny it.

After what Ella heard as her name being announced as Amos's fiancé, Ella stood frozen and shocked for a few seconds, contemplating whether if her ears had heard right or was it just pure coincidence. It was only for a few seconds, until she realized that the entire crowd were looking for this so-called 'Miss Ella Pearson'. Remembering why she was standing in front of a wooden door, quickly, Ella opened the door and she made herself known into another room, away from the ballroom. She took a few moments to breathe controllably and digest in the surprising moment before she finally ran endlessly until she found herself outside of the castle.

To her fortunate luck, a black stallion was there to her rescue escape from this doomed castle, which was quite strange, considering that it was the only horse settled beside the castle, from the looks of where she was. Nevertheless, she took the opportunity she had and rode the magnificent stallion home. It was a good thing too, that she learnt how to ride and master riding a horse from her brother, Jacob, and also the stallion accepted her presence and seemed to understand her sudden feelings as he let her lead him freely. Since her home was not far from the castle, she got there in a drift with the help of the beautiful stallion that she was most grateful for.

It has been an hour or so now, since she has arrived home and straight towards her backyard. Usually, that was her sanctuary, her peace and her comfort zone. But tonight it was more. It was her freedom to let it all out.

Frustrated and confused, Ella screamed out into the night with all her might. That didn't help vent out all her mixed emotions, and neither did it change anything. Aye, she was in crisis. The crisis where a very terrible and nasty noble just announced her as his fiancé, and moreover, he possessed still the three things Ella despised.

I must've had too much sweets to have thought to have heard my name. She thought again. Aha! That's it!

Feeling partially satisfied at the explanation of the rational announcement, she smiled agreeably and turned to head back into her home. But, she was only stopped by the pitch black stallion, blocking her way as if trying to tell her something.

Softly petting the horse at its mane, Ella said with satisfaction and acknowledgement:

"Ah, yes! I have not forgotten you. Thank you very, very, very much for your help. I couldn't have gotten out of there sooner without you. You have earned my love and trust."

The stallion nudged her, but Ella seemed to have mistaken his action for acceptance. Instead, the stallion was trying to tell her something different, something that involved her and her thoughts, but he couldn't get Ella to understand his intended thoughts and actions.