13. Intense Encounters and The Rauffes

~ Not Edited ~

Ella was surprised when his strong arm wrapped around her waist possessively, pulling her closer towards his hard side. She looked up to him and was only welcomed with a murderous expression as he glared coldly at Mr. Abraham Alvord.

"What are you doing here?" Amos said coldly.

Ella remained awkward and silent.

"My, my . . . am I not welcomed here old friend? Have you so forgotten what we have been through? Together?" Abraham urged playfully as if trying to recoil the Duke's memory of their past relationship which was unknown to Ella's knowledge.

Amos only glared back at him and as if feeling his blazing emotions, Amos intensely gripped onto Ella's waist as if she would escape from his grasp but was only contrary to the fact that Ella was rather suffocating from his harsh grasp.

"Or is your new fiancé making you forget our last encounter?" Abraham said rather murderously as if their last encounter was not pleasant at all.

Ella looked at Abraham with distraught and confusion laced in her expression, and then she looked at Amos.

New fiancé? What does he mean by that? Ella curiously thought.

Feeling even more tensed than he already was, Amos immediately responds:

"Leave her out of this."

"Oh right. I hit your weakness did I not, oh mighty Knight? Seeing how intimately serious you are to get married, I find it odd that dear Ella here does not look at all in love with you to get married," Abraham continued to playfully yet intensively play with ice. "Am I not right, Ella?" He said diverting his attention towards Ella.

Ella could only respond with her bewildered expression of anxiety.

What is happening? Ella thought.

Pulling Ella behind him in a defensive manner, Amos takes a step forward towards Abraham leaving a slight distance between each other become very heated than it already was.

Amos was slightly taller than Abraham giving him the advantage of looking Abraham down in conspicuous coldness.

"I will only say this once. Leave."

Ella cowered down whilst biting her lip in awkward anticipation. She felt the heat rise up to her cheeks as she tried not to make her loud beating heart be noticeable unto him.

Ella's mind only wanted to scoff at her, saying:

Why are you blushing? Why is your heart racing? Why are you biting your lip?

As she pondered inwardly at her mind's questions, she couldn't help but really think about why she was in such a state, especially with the Duke being so . . . intense.

Remember! You may become a duchess and his wife soon but you are only just a mere commoner who he whiffed off from nowhere and for no reason made you his surrogate wife under his control! Remember where you stand and who you really are! A voice in her mind continued to prompt Ella successfully.

Aye. You are absolutely right, mind! Ella replied internally as she felt herself return to her true self.

Lifting her head up high, yet being mindful of the two who were exchanging an intense moment with each other, Ella faked a laugh as she intimately grabbed a hold of his arm and stroked it lovingly – liked she had recalled within their contract –faking an act of a perfect soon-to-be wedded couple who were in love which was absolutely not true.