06. The Deal

~Not Edited~

There were countless worst possible things going through Ella's mind, but making a deal? Was definitely not one of them, but it still didn't change Ella's view on the Duke.

A deal? Ella thought. What is this? Is this another one of a noble's schemes?

Ella finally noted Amos's entire appearance as the wavering clouds cleared about underneath the night sky, letting the moonlight shine great beneath the pair. Amos's appearance consisted mostly of an entity of leather; leather trousers, a leather vest beneath a linen shirt, leather gloves that had been removed and an interesting pair of leather boots. Besides the woollen hooded cape and the shirt, of course, everything else was leather and black. There also seemed to be a visible leather strap strapped around his waist that held his obvious weaponry; a dagger, surprisingly a sword and a gun. His black hair may have been dishevelled wildly than before but it never seized to shine cunningly. His chiselled features remained cold and calculating but he was still undeniably handsome, especially with his silver-grey orbs shining beneath the gleaming moonlight.

It was quite strange for Ella, considering that this noble was carrying weapons with him and wearing only black as if he wasn't a noble and more like an outlaw or something.

However, on the contrary, Amos noted that Ella had changed her attire from her earlier dress. It was now a light shade of purple and just a simple dress. Her mesmerising auburn brown curls was now placed into a neat one piece braid escalating from the top of her head and down until it reached her mid-waist. A few strands fell at the sides of her natural and simple elegant features making her look more attractive, especially with her emerald eyes glinting from the exposure of the moonlight giving her a more perfected and natural look.

"I'd rather die than have anything to do with you." Ella spat in disgust, glaring intently at Amos.

He simply couldn't wipe the devilish smirk that automatically formed across his lips. He couldn't get enough of her.

"Die?" Amos chuckles in sarcasm. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. I think you'd rather live for this one." Amos said with mischief lacing in his voice. "You see, this is something you cannot reject nor choose death over." Amos pauses. "This is something you can never reject."

"What do you mean?" Ella asked curiously.

Amos stops midway as he turns fully towards Ella and takes a step forward towards her with his hands laced behind his back. They were only a foot away from each other now.

"Well, first of all," Amos began. "I will accuse you of committing theft, even though you did not complete such crime," Amos said knowingly as he recalled the scene of the refreshments sprawled across the floor before the back door of the ballroom.

He internally chuckles at the scene while Ella, all the more remained surprisingly quiet.

"Second, you stole my horse from my possession and managed to get away with it."

Ella was shocked at this one.

"Black Prince?" Ella said in disbelief.

"Firstly, his name is Night. And yes, he's my horse that you stole from me."

Ella only rolled her eyes at his comment. She hadn't seen where he had taken her Black Prince after she was forced against the tree and she did not steal him, Black Prince went willingly. Also, Black Prince was hers now and she was right for not knowing that the stallion belonged to him. It was pure coincidence.

"So, your point being?" Ella said impatiently.

"My point being, Miss Ella, is that if you would rather die than consider my simple deal, then I'm afraid I'll have no choice but firstly, publicly humiliate you and then accuse you of your crimes." He said with a cold and hard tone.