Ice skating

Author notes--Christmas special

"Holtzmann!" Erin's voice echoed around the ice ring. Erin's knuckles where become white as she gripped the railing. Holtzmann skidded to a stop, inches away from her and smiled, "What's wrong Er-bear?" Holtzmann winked as Erin wobbled, losing her grip. Jillian dove grabbing Erin about the waist, pulling her back up. Erin grabbed hold of Holtzmann's shoulders steadying herself, then looked up.
Erin blushed at how close they where then moved to the railing again, but Holtzmann grabbed Erin's hand. "Come on Erin, I'll help you." Slowly Holtzmann pulled Erin away from the railing. Their skating blades silent against the ice. As they moved further away from the railing the ice became busier with other skaters. Erin began to get nervous. "Holtz , someone's going to run into us." Erin tried to tug on Holtzmann's hand to get her to stop. However, Holtzmann just winked and carried on, pulling Erin further into the middle of the ring.
There was a surronding noise of metal against ice, shouts and laughs. It was nice but it was all new to Erin. Why did Holtzmann get her to do such dangerous things? Erin's nerves where beginning to show, sweat was forming on her forehead and where her and Holtzmann held hands.
Erin looked around her. There were so many talented skaters, twisting and turning. It was beautiful. Erin smiled she like this, Erin liked doing new things, she just needed someone to push her to test her fears. Holtzmann was that person,
She hadn't noticed that they had stopped. Erin glanced back at Holtzmann and let go of Holtzmann's hand. Holtzmann smiled looking up at Erin. "You see it don't you?" Holtzmann asked. Erin nodded. "You see the beauty of it all? The testing the limits and just doing something festive. It's so fun. And the fact I'm doing it with you, Er-bear." Holtzmann hardly showed emotion but when she did it came out as a rambling speech. Erin smiled pulling Holtzmann into a hug.
"Thank you Jillian." Holtzmann pulled away and winked.
"I'll beat you back to the railing!" She shouted and started to skate away.
Erin wobbled,"Holtz! Wait!" Erin breathed, glanced about her then moved. One foot than the other. Her eyes where locked on Jillian. Holtzmann skated around in spins, skating up to Erin then back away. Erin stuck to a simple path and was becoming more confident. She picked up speed and was becoming closer to the railing.
Then Holtzmann skidded to a stop at the railing, "Bet you!" She shouted. She had darted from no where and now Erin was unhappy.
"You could have let me win!" Erin raised her fist in anger then stumbled forward. She was failing, again. Luckily, Holtzmann was ready to swoop in and grab her again. Holtzmann guided Erin back to the railing then smiled, " still got a bit of practice to go Er-bear before you can beat me." Holtzmann did her signature wink, again, was that the third or fourth time? She did it so naturally but every time Erin blushed.
However, right now as Holtzmann guided her with a hand in hers and the other at her waist, Erin blushed to a complete tomato red. "Thanks Holtzmann." Erin stuttered as she grabbed the railing again. Removing all connection with the other scientist.
Erin pulled her self towards the gate. She felt embarrassed and wanted to leave. Then Jillian spoke,"You're not leaving are you?" Jillian had moved after Erin. Erin stopped, letting out a huff.
"I'm tired." Erin shrugged, she couldn't control the mixed emotions she had towards her friend and needed to go away before she did something stupid.
"But Er-bear-" Jillian started. Erin adored that nickname, "I thought I could teach you some more stuff. Work on your speed and stopping..." Holtz sounded saddened so Erin turned to face her. She looked down at Holtzmann's eyes only to feel a sting of guilt, worry shone in Jillian's eyes.
"I'm sorry," Erin began, "I'll stay, just can we rest at the railing for a while." Holtzmann nodded knowing that ice skating is very tiring. Erin valued Holtzmann as such a great friend. Holtzmann understood her, didn't judge her and all the while had a strong and outgoing personality which Erin found attractive. Wait no she didn't. She was straight. Erin felt nervous again, her hands where becoming sweaty. God why did she act up like this around Jillian. She was straight, she'd only ever dated guys. So what was different, now? Erin was so confused. She really needed to get away but didn't want to shove her friend away. Holtzmann had clearly flirted with Erin so much, but she treated everyone like that right? Erin must just be reading her actions incorrectly. Jillian just did the flirting naturally, it wasn't anything special for Erin. Jillian probably didn't like her in that way at all.
"Erin." Holtzmann's voice broke her from her thought,"Erin look." Erin glanced up, realising she had been staining at Holtzmann's feet. She brought her eye level up and instantly saw that it was snowing. Bright white flakes fell and landed in Holtzmann's hair. It looked magical. The snow fell, landing on Holtzmann's yellow glasses. Erin resisted the urge to wipe the snow away. Erin looked around her noticing the other skaters slowing to take in the sight of the snow.
"We should have brought coats." Erin states feeling the drop in temperature. Holtzmann just shrugs.
"I like the snow." She explains as her breath forms mist in the air. Holtzmann stares around her, then at Erin. Jillian noticed snowflakes landing in the fellow women's hair. She then glanced away,"It's so relaxing." Holtzmann didn't know where to land her eyes and ended up staring at Erin's hands. "Snows beautiful. It's it's.." Holtzmann felt her throats closing in, she glanced around herself again.
"What is it Jillian?" Erin had noticed her nervous glances.
"It's it's..." Holtzmann breathed. She grabbed Erin's hand bringing it up to her lips. Holtzmann finally brought her sight to Erin's eyes. Gazing into them. "It's almost as beautiful as you." Holtzmann's hot breath brushed Erin's hand causing her to shiver. Then Holtzmann's soft lips connected with the back of Erin's hand. Erin shivered again, feeling her cheeks heat up as she blushed. Holtzmann did like her. Oh my god what was she supposed to do?!?
Erin pulled her hand back, a little too fast. Holtzmann gulped, sliding back.
"Oh. No." she breathed heavily," I'm sorry. I'm sorry so sorry - I shouldn't have done that." Holtz brought her hands up and started nervously running them through her own hair. "Erin, I'm sorry- it's just the snow, oh god why do I mess up so much!" Holtzmann was stuttering taking in sharp short breaths.
"Jillian." Erin placed her hand on Jillian's shoulder. Jillian held her breath. Erin then cupped Holtzmann's face with her other hand. Holtzmann froze. They just gazed into each others eyes. Then Jillian was the one to blush, as she bit down on her own lip. God that looked so cute. It made Erin weak at the knees. They both started glancing between each others lips and eyes. Then their lips met. Not sure on who moved first it just happened. The kiss was soft. Holtzmann brought her arms around Erin's waist, pulling her closer. Deepening the kiss, it became more passionate. The snow fell about then. The ice skaters danced passed them. But they where finally both happy. Their lips fitted so well tougher. Holtzmann's tongue begged for entrance. And Erin accepted only to then bite the other women on the lip. Erin's hands moved to the back of Holtzmann's neck. Pulling Holtzmann's face up into a better angle.
Jillian's hands then reached down and squeezed Erin's bottom. Causing Erin to moan breaking the kiss.
"I didn't know you felt the same." Holtzmann breathed. Erin blushed.
"God Jillian how could I not feel the same. You're beyond beautiful." Jillian then blushed. There hands then moved to each other's waist as the smiled gazing into each other's eyes.
"I think we should go somewhere more private." Holtzmann winked. Erin loved that wink.