Gas - Part 3

Two weeks went by.

Three weeks dead, two weeks of that as a ghost. Holtzmann, was disconnected and was becoming irritated because of this.

Jillian: couldn't work; couldn't focus and was sometimes so invisible that her friends couldn't see her. Her ghost figure fluctuated. At times she was in the real world, at others she was in another reality. It scared her. The ability to speak was not often. She couldn't share with her friends her ideas or even say hello to them most mornings.

Holtzmann wasn't Holtzmann.

The three living Ghostbusters had managed to get into a simple routine. They had a new night schedule. They had returned to busting again, only doing small ones. Slowly, the team had grown used to sharing their work space with a floating vapour, of their deceased friend.

However, one thing that was troubling all three of them, that no one spoke of, was replacing Holtz. No, not replacing Holtzmann, just hiring a new team member: one to fill her place, do what she used to do, wear her proton pack, use her equipment. Replacing Holtzmann was not what any of the team wanted to do, but no matter how they put it getting a new team member WAS replacing Holtz.

Erin, sighed as she heard the door shut behind Abby and Patty. Night sift - a.k.a movie time. Erin, climbed out her chair, stretching. Heading into the kitchen.

She opened the fridge, her eyes instantly landing on the bag of skittles. She frowned, glancing up and grabbing her lemonade. Closing the fridge, she opened the freezer. As usual, seeing the tub of ice-cream. She over looked it and pulled out the tray of ice-cubes.

Erin, found a clean glass. Poured the lemonade and added the last of the ice-cubes. Then she made her way towards the tv. The funding from the government had allowed the Ghostbusters to buy a large 50" tv, among other things.

Erin, plopped down onto the sofa, placing her glass down on the coffee table. She picked up the remote, turning on the tv. Quickly, clicking through Netflix until she found something to watch. Erin, placed the remote down, then pulled the blanket off the back of the sofa. Covering herself with it, she got comfy and allowed the film to start.

Jillian, had plenty of ideas but her current state would not allow her to do anything. She was powerless. No matter how much she tried, she could only make things float and fly across the room. Holtzmann, hated herself. Hated, how she wanted to invent when inventing is what killed her. She hated what she had left of life.

One would think being a ghost is fun. Being able to play pranks, travel through walls and scare people. Well, it was at first. Patty screamed like a two year old when Jillian had hid in her bed, scaring Patty just before she fell asleep. The screaming was followed by a long list of curse words, then Patty swearing her apartment was off limits for all ghosts.

Holtz, tried to prank Erin and Abby but they where prepared after what Patty had told them, so the fun quickly ran out. Jillian, could scare strangers but then her friends would have to bust her so she didn't. Jillian, spent her sleepless days up in her lab, trying to figure out what she could do.

Holtzmann, disliked being a ghost. It was like a punishment, but what for she didn't know.

Jillian, gulped. Why oh why did being a ghost come with the urge to ectoproject. If only she could, have a drink right now.

Fed up, two weeks she had spent in her lab, Jillian floated her way down stairs. She heard the tv and became curious. Using her ghost abilities to her advantage, she looked through the wall. Erin sat alone on the sofa, watching a comedy film. Holtzmann frowned. She had to figure something out, not just for herself but for Erin. She needed to explain things to Erin.

Holtzmann, removed herself from the wall and headed to the kitchen. She was now curious of something else. Jillian, floated up to the fridge peering inside.

There, they where. The bright red packet of the skittles she wanted. How, she wished she could eat them now. Jillian, moved away, then peered into the freezer. Finding a tub of her favourite ice-cream. Jillian's heart sank. If she was human right now she would have been crying her eyes out. Holtzmann, floated away from the freezer and just hovered in the middle of the kitchen.

Life had been taken from her, but she was going to try her God damn hardest to get it back.

No matter what it cost.

Authors notes
I feel like I could continue this into a full story if that is what people want?
It would be less regular uploads but still at least one a week.
Opinions?