Gas - Part 16

The end?

The Ecto-1's sirens echoed around New York. The hearse, swerving past traffic. Heading for it's destination.

"These will need to be taken twice a day." The doctor passed Erin a tube of pills. Erin just nods. "And, we will need to do future exams to monitor your arteries." Again, Erin just nods. Phillip, looked at Erin with a frown. He knew something was off.

"I need a doctor." Patty says.

"What seems to be the problem?" The nurse at the desk asks.

"I think I've broke my wrist." Patty says holding up her arm, with her wrist very clearly in a bad shape.

"Oh dear. Could I please take a name?"

"Patty Tolan."

The nurse nods, "Okay, Patty we'll get you seen as soon as we can. Please take a seat." The nurse points to the designated seating area. Patty, nods, turning and heading for a seat.

The Ecto-1 came to a halt. The brakes screeching. The doors where swung wide.

"What's wrong Erin?"Phillip asks, now the doctor has left.

"I don't have the money for this." Erin says, gesturing to the hospital around her. "And I still don't fucking know where my friends are!"

Phillip, a little taken aback by Erin swearing, sighs, "Patty said she was just outside... Do you wish for me to look for her?"

Erin nods, "Please."

Only a few minutes earlier had the phone called. But the Ecto-1 was a fast car, it made the journey quick and easy.

Police cars rushed past her. The building was somehow now up in flames.

Jillian, just kept running, her lungs slowing failing her. She had lost count of how many blocks she had ran along. Now her head was becoming dizzy, her eyesight fading.

She collapsed.

"Patty?!" Phillip's voice draws Patty out of her thoughts, she looks up.

"What are you doing here?" Phillip asks walking over to her.

She just raises her hand, showing the clear breakage.

"Oh no, what happened?" Phillip asks, looking down at Patty.

"I got angry." Patty sighed. Looking up at Phillip.

"Oh." Phillip says and then it goes quiet. Until he adds, "Erin, is back in her room, she told me to come look for you."

Patty nods, "Tell her I'm talking to the doctors, and then getting food. So i'll be some time."

"Alright." Phillip turns to leave then adds, "You might want to look into anger management, so you don't hurt yourself again." Patty just gives him a weak smile. When she hears a doctor call her name.

Abby, had managed to escape and within a blocks distance away from where she was trapped she found a police car. Luckily, with two police officers inside.
"Help, my friend is in trouble." She had managed to explain the situation and with in minutes back up had been called and the police where speeding off to the warehouse. Which was now in flames.
"Oh Jillian, I hope you're safe." Abby said as she climbs into the back of a police car. They where going to take her to the hospital.

Holtzmann woke up on the side walk. Her ears ringing, her eyes fuzzy. She was however, still alive and human.
She sighed, trying to sit up. She felt tired. She didn't know how far she had ran, but she couldn't see the flames anywhere.

"It seems Patty has injured herself and is currently being seen by a doctor." Phillip explained to Erin.
"Wait what happened?!?" Erin says alarmed.
"She's injured her wrist, from hitting something. Erin, I think Patty had an emotional break down. She has been getting extremely angry."
Erin frowns, "Pattys angry and I'm stressed. Then Abby and Jillian are missing-"
A loud noise came from outside the room. Doctors could be heard rushing about.
Both Phillip and Erin look towards the door. "What's going on?" Erin asks and Phillip shrugs.
"I'll have a look."

A police car pulled up, an officer stepped out. "Are you alright?" She asks and Jillian sighs, "I've been worse." Jillian laughs, "Could you help me up?" The officer comes over, and helps Jillian stand.
"What happened?" The officer asked. Looking Jillian over.
"I died, went missing and then became human again." The officer gave Holtzmann the weirdest look ever.
Jillian just laughs, "Yeah it's been as weird as it sounds. But uhh could you tell me where I am?"
The officer raises an eyebrow, "You're on, 21st street." Jillian nods.
"Do you know where there's been a fire? A warehouse fire?"
"Uhh, that's ten blocks away from here."
Holtzmann's eyes go wide, "I ran ten blocks. My god fear does take control."
The officer looks at Jillian confused. She probably thought Jillian was high or drunk or something.
"Miss, what are you on about?"
"Ah officer, you see I was in that warehouse. Locked up, and so was my friend. Oh shit, where is Abby. Have you seen my friend?? Abby Yates?!" Holtzmann now panicked. The officer still extremely confused.
That's when a noise came from behind them. The radio on the car blurted out, "Any dispatch available, a women blonde, blue eyes, short has been reported missing..." The officer looks at Jillian, who clearly matches that description and then turned and walked to her car. Reaching inside for the radio, "Dispatch 22 reporting, I believe I have found the woman."
The radio buzzes, "Dispatch 22, the woman's name is Jillian Holtzmann. Please bring her to the hospital on 25th street."

The officer dropped the radio then turned to Holtzmann. "I thought I recognized you. Didn't you uhh die two months ago?"
Jillian frowned, "Its been two months??"
The officer nodded, "I guess I'll take you to the hospital."
Jillian nods, "Please."