Prolouge: Welcome To The World

Normal Point of View

"Professor, his awakening!", a young lady about the age of 12, called out to the professor. The professor, Hakase (Doctor), the uncle of Aine Kisaragi, looked at his young temporary assistant after hearing her sudden outburst. "...". "Professor, is this really necessary?", the young lady questioned. "Well, he would fit in as a substitute for Aine, who currently is in coma. Plus, Shining Saotome asked for this.", the professor replied casually. "But he sure does look like Aine... Well, if there isn't anything else, I'll leave right after this android has awaken.", she said.

Suddenly, there was a slight sound activated from the android's body. He opened his eyes, and starts shifting his eyes , glancing around, taking in his surroundings. "Excuse me, can you hear me?", the young assistant asked. The android turned towards her, nodding his head that he could hear her. "Welcome to the world. My name is Hakase, the girl over here is, Karin Hirogane.", the professor welcomed him. "Nice to meet you. Professor and Karin. My name is Mikaze Ai, age 13.", the android's angelic like voice resounded throughout the entire room. "Nice to meet you too, Mikaze san.", Karin replied. After sharing some introduction about themselves, she turned to the wall clock that was hung near the bed. "Well, I guess this is where we say goodbye. See you soon, Mikaze san. Probably.", was what she said before she left. Ai then sat up from his bed, and started to search for the professor. But what was left lingering in his mind was what Karin had said at the end. ''Probably..' 'Hopefully', would have been a much better word. That word, 'Probably', was not found in my database.', he thought to himself.

Outside of the lab

'He really does look like Aine..', she thought. Karin's mind went back to the past, thinking back of her precious memories which she had spent with her two best friends. Kotobuki Reiji and Aine. 'I wonder how is Rei Chan doing now?', she thought, remembering the fact that the two boys were 3 years older than her.