Chapter 2: Getting To Know Eachother

Karin Hirogane's Point of View

'How dare that flirt, call me that!? Grr.. And then, there's Rei chan. At least, he seems to enjoy his time here in the Shining Entertainment, Master Course Dorms. I'm happy for him, but still that idiot. *sigh *', I thought to myself. I was snapped back to reality when someone decided to poke me at the shoulder. I jerked from the touch and looked at who was standing beside me. 'It's only Ai.', I sighed in relieved. "Did you need something, Ai?", I asked embarrassed from the sudden touch and jerking away. "I was asking you a question, when you suddenly spaced out.", he said simply in a calm tone. "O-oh.. I'm sorry.", I scratched the back of my head with an apologetic smile and apologized. "No need for apologys. According to my data, spacing out tensed to happen when you are feeling uncomfortable or not used to new things.", he said. "... That's a relief.", I said with eased. "Enough about spacing out now. How was life tackling you, this past few years.", Ai asked interested. "Nothing much. I'm still trying to attempt being an idol, but...", I paused, not wanting to continue as nervousness had began to engulfed me into darkness. " So.. Your dream is to become a professional idol, am I correct?", he began, trying to get the situation right. I slowly nodded my head. "Hmm.. So to summarize all of your doubts that i can tell from your eyes. Something bad or personal occured to you that time.", he said. I parted my lips to speak but Ai beated me to it. "And that had something to do with your different eye colours and how well you sang right?", he summed up the entire problem that was still processing in my mind, bringing bad memories back. I bitted my lips at the thought of it. Tears starting to form at the corners of my eyes. "Everyone felt that I'm inferior to everyone, looking down on me despite trying my best to sing normally. But... No matter, how hard I tried to change, I still sang better than anyone else in the company.", I said. "Isn't that a good thing?", he reasoned. "No, you don't understand! When my parents were young, my mother was an idol and my father was a composer for my mother. Back then, love was also forbidden in my parent's school. But my parent's still love eachother unconditionally. After they got married and retired, I was borned. My eyes had already been like that when I was borned. Despite our relatives crtitising and advice to not keep me in the family, my parent's still raised me on their own. My right eye colour, from my mother and my left eye colour from my father. They told me it was a beautiful and a perfect match of shade, along with my inner self (the heart). And they named me 'Karin', signifying 'purity'. I kept believing in their words but when I entered pre school, my happiness and hopes had been torn into shreds. Until when I met Reiji and Aine, during middle school. They always defended  me, comfort me when my parents weren't there.

Flashback

One day, when we were having recess...
"Karin chan!", one of the most popular girl and a bully to me at that time, called out to me. She said that why not if we had a challenge on who's better for Reiji and Aine, since that were popular back then. So we came to a decision, even though I'm hesitant to do it. We will conduct a Solo Singing Competition. And due to inheriting my mother's talent in singing, I sang very well, better than that****. But that's when the trouble starts, she accused me of secretly cheating in the competition and started calling me a loser and my parents should have called something related 'tainted' and 'polluted'. My parents named me that because having me was a pure bliss in my family, that includes my features. One thing, that only Reiji and Aine knew about, was my talent that inherited from my mother. I was told not to tell anyone about this, only people that i trust. So I kept silent. And then, the news about this entire competition was spread around quickly like a wildfire. Everyone was sending resentment glares at me, even when my friends were around. Not being able to take it, I moved away after ending middle school. After I moved back, then you came by. But life still wasn't easy, my most hated enemies had to end up in the same agencies that I had wanted to enter.

End of Flashbacks

", I told Ai my entire past. But halfway through, I began to lose hold of my tears against my clouded feelings and heart. Ai was there listening beside me all the time, when I began to break down, he comforted me by patting my head. Since, it was getting late soon, we all had a light dinner before turning in.